Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: SO MUCH ENERGY from eating LIVER! page 10

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    OK, I have a question.....I fried my grass-fed beef liver (from whole foods for 3.99/lb.) in olive oil, last night, and my whole house STILL smells like liver fried in olive oil! I suspect my clothes I was wearing smell like it too! Any thoughts or suggestions about this? I would open some windows for a while, but we are having some serious winter weather here in Cincy right now.....I may open them anyway! :-)

put a pan of white vinegar on the stove and let it simmer for a while.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I've eaten fresh, warm liver from a freshly killed cow, and it tasted - less bad. But it still tastes like metal. Maybe different people taste different parts of the flavor profile more than others. Oddly, it's fine raw. Honestly kind of creamy, but hard to eat in large quantities for me, personally. That pound of mashed nearly-raw liver was still so bloody it was crusting on my lips. Just not a pleasant experience.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 12-08-2013 at 02:39 AM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I've eaten fresh, warm liver from a freshly killed cow, and it tasted - less bad. But it still tastes like metal. Maybe different people taste different parts of the flavor profile more than others. Oddly, it's fine raw. Honestly kind of creamy, but hard to eat in large quantities for me, personally. That pound of mashed nearly-raw liver was still so bloody it was crusting on my lips. Just not a pleasant experience.
    Yes a lot of game hunters I know , love eating freshly killed rabbit venison liver .

From London England UK

spursberry is offline Member
    Hi guys

Know this was partly discussed already but I have now brought some Lambs liver from my local farm shop and I wanted to check a couple of things:

Firstly - as much as it sucks I can't stand the taste of Liver and organ meat in general. But I really want to eat it...

So I'm going to put it in my paleo burgers.

Is this the best way to do it:

chop the liver into small bits

Fry it and add some seasoning (not sure what yet but I can't eat red pepper stuff as I'm intolerant)

Then mix it with the raw beef burger mix and then grill until the burgers are cooked

Is that okay to make sure it's safe to eat - and hopefully cover up the taste! lol
    UK PBer

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Poster oceangrl told me once that you can soak the liver for a few hours in milk. This will clean the liver and remove some of its characteristic taste. Dump the milk and dry the liver with paper towels. When you fry it, make sure it stays a little soft in the middle. The more you cook it, the more livery it tastes and the less pleasant it is to chew.

You can also make liver paté. And most of the recipes do add some full fat milk or even cream so I guess it is a known trick. I personally love both "livery" liver and paté from ruminants. Liver from chicken is milder but I prefer ruminant liver.

Thanks FrenchFry

Love Pate and only discovered in this thread that it's okay to eat - in moderation of course! But haven't yet found a decent Pate in UK that doesn't contain stuff I can't/shouldn't eat. In fairness I haven't had much chance to have a proper look yet. I will do. If anyone can recommend a decent/healthy pate go for it!
    UK PBer

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    You can try to make it yourself: Chicken Liver Pâté - Riverford Organic Farms

Oooh ta!
    UK PBer

Just wondering what the Ideal frying time is for liver? Ta
    UK PBer

I_EAT_COWS is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spursberry View Post
    Just wondering what the Ideal frying time is for liver? Ta
    It really varies on how thick the cut is and. I like high heat 30-60 seconds per side on relatively thin (1/2") slices. Thicker cuts need additional cooking time, same as a thick steak or roast, but I still like searing at high heat briefly to start. Finish covered on med-low heat or in oven at 350 for another 3-10 min.

-iec

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast