Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McDonald's hits a new low page

Lewis is offline Senior Member

McDonald's hits a new low

I learn from this morning's Metro that McDonald's customers have been upset by the "restaurant" playing a rap "song" in which a sex offender is forcibly sodomised in jail.

I learned this sitting in a small privately-owned & very friendly coffee shop. There was something by Elgar playing softly in the background.

I can't help feeling that McDonald's has finally found its appropriate background music: the dregs of the industrialised, exploitative, never mind the quality food-system meets the dregs of the industrialised, exploitative, never mind the quality "music"-system.

McDonald's has finally found its own level.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    By the way, maybe I need a new pair of glasses but it looked to me like Metro had printed a sample of the lyrics that read: "them guys are giving me Ada."

The perils of spellcheckers ...

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Eh. I don't really find that any more degenerate or offensive than playing the latest Miley Cyrus/over sexualised crap thats played on the radio.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    That's why I don't listen to the hits that are coming out these days... I'm perfectly happy with my little group of favorite bands

oh and I don't go to McDonald either. Haven't been there in a year or more
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Jenry Hennings is offline Senior Member
    That's quite a pretentious thing to say..

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The only redeeming quality I've ever found about McD's is that when you're on the road, it's fairly certain their bathrooms will be clean enough to use. So, I guess that's a service. If I had to guess at the last time I ate anything there, I'm guessing around... maybe 1983. Which doesn't make me particularly pretentious as I did occasionally grab a bite from Subway or Arby's. There was just something about getting ground meat products from fast food places that didn't sit well with me.

As a note, McD is a franchise situation, so that kind of music was most likely allowed by whatever 17 year old "manager" was on duty at the time. Or maybe they have a play list and they're oblivious at the corporate level. Either way, it was poor judgement for a business that wants to attract families.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    That must be a single store, because the McDonalds here do not play music.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

janie is offline Senior Member
    More offensive to me was the news report regarding their website advice to employees having difficult making ends meet on their poor salaries:

"Eat smaller meals and sell your Christmas presents on E-Bay".

Not only is their food suspect, but I don't deal with business rotten at their heart.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

PaleoPenn is offline Senior Member
    Music to ruin your health by. How fitting.
    50 year old Male
    Current Weight: 195

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    More offensive to me was the news report regarding their website advice to employees having difficult making ends meet on their poor salaries:

"Eat smaller meals and sell your Christmas presents on E-Bay".

Not only is their food suspect, but I don't deal with business rotten at their heart.
    Yeah... that was awesome as is the food drive by WalMart employees for WalMart employees.

If I worked at McDonald's I'd probably want to play angry music too. I worked there as a teen and it was shitty then. No regular schedules (so no, you can't have a second job), they always sent the "career" people home early because they made $.50 more per hour, they made employees throw food out (so they could not take their kids a meal). Oh yeah, and customers that would have regular freak outs about such things as not being able to choose the happy meal toy. Frankly, I'm surprised more McD employees don't go postal.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast