Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McDonald's hits a new low page 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I ate at McDonald's a few years ago. I was surprised that the food was pretty good. I think it's silly people are upset over the music played. I mean, it was probably a situation where the manager went home and the employees switched the music to something they liked. We used to do that all the time when I once worked at a restaurant. What should get people upset are the poor salaries and benefits. If we as a society are going to replace good-paying manufacturing jobs with this type of work we ought to at least allow people to make a decent living at it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Eh, I get wanting to play your music, but lyrics about sodomy are a bit intense. Ultimately, McDonald's is in the service business, which means customers comfort and satisfaction should come before employee music taste and really aggressive rap with lyrics about sodomy doesn't sound family friendly or pleasant to listen to at dinner. It is, in the end, a family friendly dining establishment and not some hip coffee shop or edgy club; customers expect being able to bring in kids and not have to cover their ears.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Eh, I get wanting to play your music, but lyrics about sodomy are a bit intense. Ultimately, McDonald's is in the service business, which means customers comfort and satisfaction should come before employee music taste and really aggressive rap with lyrics about sodomy doesn't sound family friendly or pleasant to listen to at dinner. It is, in the end, a family friendly dining establishment and not some hip coffee shop or edgy club; customers expect being able to bring in kids and not have to cover their ears.
    Ha ha you have never been a teen/20-something working in a restaurant.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I've never known you to be redundant.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenry Hennings View Post
    That's quite a pretentious thing to say..
    If you think that, then you're a fool and don't even understand what the thread's about.

Of course, here the Welsh have reaped what they sowed. They could have gone to local family-run businesses, put their money back into the community, and eaten bacon from locally reared pigs, and some new laid eggs, and maybe some of those Welsh-cakes (as their 20% if they're Paleo).

But they prefer to pay less. So they end up eating food-like substances and suddenly realise they don't like also being surrounded by a "music"-like din that is also obscene.

But why not expect that? It's the perfect accompaniment.

What did they expect? Traditional Welsh harp music? the Treorchy Male Voice choir? Katherine Jenkins?

As for you well, if you don't care about decency and what people including, one notes, toddlers might be exposed to, why don't you just crawl back into the gutter?

And as for the press asking for the rapper's opinion, as well ask a cockroach for an opinion on the state of the kitchens! LOL

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Choice of music is very personal. Far better to have none than to alienate customers who are offended by, or just don't like the music they may feel they're forced to listen to in a restaurant, or in any other business as well.

SalubriousU is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    That must be a single store, because the McDonalds here do not play music.
    This. It was the individual manager or whoever was on duty with access to the music that is likely responsible here, not the entire corporation.
    Salube Up! - SalubriousU

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Ha ha you have never been a teen/20-something working in a restaurant.
    Yes, I worked as a teen at McDonalds. There was tomfoolery behind the scenes. But never, ever in front of customers. Hell, I used to work for a really high end restaurant, lots, lots, lots worse than dirty rap played in the kitchen, but all hidden from customers.

Yes, I worked as a teen at McDonalds. There was tomfoolery behind the scenes. But never, ever in front of customers. Hell, I used to work for a really high end restaurant, lots, lots, lots worse than dirty rap played in the kitchen, but all hidden from customers.
    We did our tomfoolery in front of the customers as well as behind the scenes. Great times. Independent restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    We did our tomfoolery in front of the customers as well as behind the scenes. Great times. Independent restaurant.
    Yeah, both places I worked, that would have gotten you fired. Immediately. Especially McDonalds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast