Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fish oil and the Great PUFA controversy page 7

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ^lol $50 dollars, you bought into unproven hype and have been clearly involved in some ruseplay

would rather eat gouda and liver once in a while.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    Mmm cheese and offal. My kind of supplements.

Not that a nice side of cold smoked salmon isn't... Oh shit now I'm tired AND hungry. Good night guys. Will be eager to read everyone's arguments in the morning.

aussielady954 is offline Junior Member
    I had so many instances of chronic pain in the past starting in teenage years, even my left arm in pain for about 1 and half years until it vanished in 1012, Just eat more vegetables, avoid the foods that have omega 6, avoid dairy foods, cut down on fruits (which are much higher in fructose than they used to be). Vegetables are king for me now. Eat in balanced way, this is diferent for diferent people. for some, it may mean a few slices of bacon, followed by blueberries. For me, it is about warm freshly cooked food, grain and veg, and some bean protein or lentil. I may bring back animal flesh proteins later on, low fat white flesh fish may appear some days or some tempeh, but I am inclined to avoid fish as I don't want all the cholesterol, fat which aggravate the liver/pancreas. Nor the toxins, I feel better with more macrobiotic meals, much more balanced in energy, giving complex carbs for energy, I tried eggs/fish for breakfast, but doesn't work for me, plus it dried out intestines. In Ayurveda, this type of breakfast leaves a vipak of heat/inflammation in intestines - vipak means post digestive effect. Grains, beans, vegetables introduce moisture into intestines. Fruit ok for some, but not for those of us trying to heal chronic undiagnosed hypoglycaemia. Next month, will make a nice cous cous cake which will include fruit and fresh apple juice. Soon, will make a nice dessert with adzuki beans, raisins, chestnuts and perhaps a little rice syrup.
    I don't find fish oil has any effect at all on me, use anti inflammatory foods instead such as fresh ginger, tumeric, vegetables. Save the poor fish! being exploited so much, don't get annoyed with me everyone, as yes, I may still eat some fish sometimes - it's my chosen animal flesh protein from now on!

aussielady954 is offline Junior Member
    I mean my pain in arm went away in 2012, a year or so ago! don't know what caused it, too much acidity or inflammation in body, I used to do more baking and use more sweeteners back then!

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    choco, as per your sig: "Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success" (itlaics mine) careful with hypocrisy people such as myself will not take you seriously.
    What exactly is the point of this post? Enjoy megadosing Tylenol if you think the pain relief is worth the impending liver failure.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    What's wrong with your metabolism?
    I don't see a reason to not take dessicated thyroid. It is a mixture of T3 and T4 from a "natural" source. In this case, tissues of grazing cows.

Thyroid is a funny thing in the sense that you can't really overdose on it. You can't really take too much T4 in reason because T4 is inactive, so if there is too much your body just won't use it. You can't really take too much T3 because even though T3 is active thyroid, rT3 is produced to counter it. There is a self-regulating effect, and the meager doses I don't see as harmful. I do feel noticeably more alert and energetic when I take it, and I feel very warm. It's November 20th and I still don't wear anything but boxers when at home and I set my house to 67 degrees.

So I guess nothing is wrong with my metabolism.

This is the same reason why I'm considering taking pregnenolone. They seem to be two of the safest supplements out there, and two of the only ones that seem to do anything at all. YMMV.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    The problem with eating most Salmon is that Fukushima is still dumping radiation in the Pacific Ocean and will continue to do so for years to come. Salmon "maybe" safe to eat now, but what about a few years down the line? So I guess the only fish "Safe" for consumption is out of the Atlantic and Eastern Arctic Oceans and they are hard to come by sadly.

I guess buying cod three times a week and eating it might be a good alternative to fish oil. But you still have to deal with the possibility of ciguatera poisoning if you go with any fish not in the arctic ocean, or isnt cod.

Is cod liver fish oil the best? No, but pretty soon it will be all you have. I use Nordic Naturals because they stabilize the oil with rosemary extract and vitamin E.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $9.99.

Also, I have a fundraiser for my new book Fix Your Mitochondria: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/f...ergy/x/3599154. Please donate if you can.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    But why would you take it if there is nothing wrong with your metabolism? Seems like a waste of money. High energy, warmth and alertness can come from a high protein diet probably more effectively than small amounts of dried meat. I took dessicated thyroid briefly but I got to thinking how if this was something I ate on a plate it would be such a small amount of the organ I can't imagine it would do anything at all.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Choco, I'm thinking about starting to use dessicated thyroid. How much do you take and how often?

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    You could achieve a similar effect by taking large doses of Tylenol, Aleve or cocoaine. Does that make it a good thing if the ends justify the means?
    The ends do justify the means when there is a HUGE difference between large doses of tylenol, NSAIDS that someone is taking for pain and fish oil. Tylenol depletes glutathione and that is why it kills the Liver (NAC is used in hospitals for a tylenol overdose to elevate glutathione levels). NSAIDS are Cox 2 inhibitors, and when you inhibit any enzyme in the body it comes with it's own new host of problems (increased risk of bleeding, increased heart attack risk). Cocaine is a great topical anesthetic, lol.

I little bit of rancidity in the fish oil is way different then taking 2,000 - 4,000 mg of tylenol daily on the toll of the body. If you believe they are equal then you don't understand risk vs benefit.

I know you are being sarcastic but there is a big difference between the safety of fish oil, and the other three drugs you mentioned.
    Last edited by Ron_Swanson; 11-20-2013 at 08:22 PM.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $9.99.

Also, I have a fundraiser for my new book Fix Your Mitochondria: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/f...ergy/x/3599154. Please donate if you can.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast