Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dairy cravings anyone? page

Owen is offline Senior Member

Dairy cravings anyone?

Primal Fuel
    Recently developed a taste for full fat dairy, would like to restrict it as I don't think it's ideal for me to consume, was wondering whether anyone else has had this on a PB diet - ie getting cravings for cream /yoghurt etc, and did you find a good alternative? I've upped my starches for a while which seems to help, but the whole luxury of double cream over some bananas is something I'm struggling to give up.

gergirl Guest
    Love dairy, too. I eat low fat quark (has a good amount of protein:12g/100g) and pour in some sparkling water or pure whey drink, that makes it smooth and creamy but doesn't contain so much (not really healthy) fat - which I add with chia seeds, nuts or creamy almond butter or honey & cinamon. Here you can also add your banana to make it a good post workout snack.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Recently developed a taste for full fat dairy, would like to restrict it as I don't think it's ideal for me to consume, was wondering whether anyone else has had this on a PB diet - ie getting cravings for cream /yoghurt etc, and did you find a good alternative? I've upped my starches for a while which seems to help, but the whole luxury of double cream over some bananas is something I'm struggling to give up.
    Not ideal in what way? It sounds like the high calorie aspect of it concerns you?

For at least a year I enjoyed the heck out of berries and yogurt for breakfast every morning. It was a lot of berries and only 1/2C yogurt. I hadn't really thought about it until I read your post, but about the time I switched from 1/2C 2% milk to 2T heavy cream in my morning coffee, I started to prefer dinner leftovers for breakfast to the yogurt and berries. Hmm...

I also use the heavy cream in dinner cooking once a week or so (same for cheese) and for primalish desserts about as often. Over bananas sounds delish! But I have a beer habit I haven't given up, so I restrict desserts to just a bit of something rich and sweet. I will say that so long as I maintain a weight I'm happy with, I am pretty relaxed about treating myself to things I enjoy, primal or not. I have noticed that as months pass by, I care less and less about those "dangerous" foods I used to crave. I tell myself I'm on a 10 year plan to the primal pinnacle, lol.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Why eat starches over double cream on banana, the later sounds both more delicious and more nutritious?

I use full fat milk in my tea multiple times a day and snack on cheese regularly. I also use both in my breakfast omelettes, cooked in butter. I would rather have cream than yoghurt personally, but I don't crave it as long as there is cheese in the fridge

I am maintaining a healthy but not skinny weight, I would have to cut these items back drastically if I were aiming for skinny but it's not worth it to me.

So, basically I am a dairy lover, alternatives like coconut oil just do NOT do it for me. Sorry.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Dairy is my caloric splurge mostly. A trip to a foo foo cheese purveyor, and I'm in heaven. Other than that, butter, grated parmesan, and 2% cottage cheese are the dairy products I eat on a regular basis.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Cottage cheese. Just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    I find I crave cream or even butter when I'm not eating enough fat.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    We go through 3L of cream a week.....
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

kiwigal is offline Senior Member
    I just got through a dairy detox and it was hard!!!!

Headaches , moodiness but it feels so much better to be off dairy!!!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    What kind of carbs are you eating that could replace tasty cream?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast