Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dairy cravings anyone? page 2

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for replies - basically I love dairy esp heavy cream, I pour it over fruit, make fresh butter with it or whip some melted 85% chocolate into it for an especially rich chocolate mousse, but like kiwigal I just seem to feel generally better when I'm not eating it, its become the only dietary challenge / food-without-brakes for me since I went primal.

I don't think I'll cut it out completely - fine as a treat IMO, but just thought I'd ask for views.

I dare you to try heavy cream over ripe banana and not become addicted :-)

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I just spent three weeks eating a half-gallon of full-fat greek yogurt every day. I went one day without it and am already over the cravings. But, yes, that one day was a day I REALLY wanted my yogurt! Now I'm fine, woke up, ate eight eggs and had my coffee, doing things around the house and not craving the gurty gurt. So IME if you can make it past the initial "want it" phase, you'll easily hit the "don't need it" phase.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I love fermented dairy. When I did the no dairy stints, for texture/little bowl food substitutes I used nuts or nut butters with salt and cocoa nibs, or berries 'smoothied' with egg whites or mug cakes from egg whites and bananas. Home-made jellos (lime and stevia or fruit juices) are also a good sub for me. Finally, I love kisel' - hot fruit juice (cranberry, blackberry or blueberry) heated up with tapioca starch to thicken it. You can let it cool (I like it hot in the winter) and if there is enough starch (~ 1 tbsp per cup of drink) it makes for a pleasant, dairy-like texture. Well, for *me*. I have Eastern European taste-buds.

But I found that it was eggs, not dairy that impact me badly (joint pain), so now I eat dairy to my heart's content and no eggs.

LOL.
    Last edited by Leida; 11-18-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    But I found that it was eggs, not dairy that impact me badly (joint pain), so now I eat dairy to my heart's content and no eggs.
    That's a pretty good trade!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    Ever since I started buying grass-fed milk I've been hooked. I can give up all dairy and keep that and I'd be happy.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I just spent three weeks eating a half-gallon of full-fat greek yogurt every day.
    This was me as well for the last 2 months - also pouring cream into the yoghurt, or adding in some wild fruit preserve I made earlier this year. The wild fruit preserve + full fat greek yoghurt is simply superb, especially as there's only the natural sugars, no added, and I prefer it this way immensely now.

I've been having kefir this last week (a small amount each day) and this seems to have reduced my dairy desires quite well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12