Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarkie's Primal Quest page 12

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnTiger View Post
    Ooh stressful day indeed, but it sounds like you handled it marvellously - go you!!

I've just said the same thing on jacmac's journal, but I really do love what we get to eat! It just feels so right! Looking at your mention of kale, I need to investigate some more greens. I love my broccoli and savoy cabbage, but need to try kale & collards and other greens n stuff
    I have tried most of the "greens" and kale is by far my favourite. Last night when DH came home from work he peeked into the pot and said "yum, kale" and he MEANT it! Even DD and DS will eat it. If you want to try making kale chips, I recommend using the dinosaur kale. Your boys might get a kick out of it as well, it really does look like dinosaur skin lol!

I ended up working from home today. The temperature this morning was -25 Celcius, with the windchill it felt like -40. There were accidents all over the highways and I am not risking my life for any job that's for sure!
    DD is in alot more pain today, poor thing so maybe it's just as well that I was home. I went to the grocery store to get some supplies for DD. She asked for some ice cream and Kraft dinner. Yes I know, not very good for her but it's the first solid "food" she has wanted to eat so I said ok.
    I had to ask an employee at the grocery store where to find Kraft dinner because it's been so long since I bought it I had no idea where it would be! I felt strangely proud of that.
    So DD has had her KD and is snoozing on the couch.
    Food for me today:
    B- 1 coffee with coconut oil & coconut milk and 1 coffee with coconut milk
    meal #1 -1 chicken thigh and cauliflower rice (leftovers)
    snack-smoked salmon, smoked mackerel, pickles
    meal #2 (planned) roast beef, sauteed cabbage, carrots
    dessert if I feel like something sweet will be pineapple and coconut milk which has been in the fridge and is nice and thick and creamy.

TMI ALERT!!!!
    So despite taking probiotic capsules 3 times a day and having at least a tablespoon of coconut oil every day, things are still not very good in the poop department. I did have some success after eating beef/cabbage/tomato soup several days ago but since then things have slowed way down again. I am up for any suggestions or advice. With all the food going in surely SOMETHING has to be coming out, otherwise I am just full of sh*t!!

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    otherwise I am just full of sh*t!!

haha I knew there was a reason I liked you!
    A white potato works for me every time, not sure why.

Thank you for the suggestion Jacmac, I am doing a Whole30 and white potato is verboten, however if things don't get "moving" soon I may just give it a try. Ladytime has arrived today and she usually brings with her a bit of a clean out, so to speak.
    I shall see what tomorrow brings. Gosh I feel like an old woman sometimes, preoccupied with my bowels!

I am sure the young and the old would be preoccupied if things are not working and besides who cares about anyone else this is the year of ME or you if you know what I mean.

AutumnTiger is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    haha I knew there was a reason I liked you!
    +1 ha ha

I reckon a few more veggies should see you right. I find that if I go too meat-centric and not enough veggies then I can get a bit bound. Also a walk and a warm drink can often do the trick, but I'm guessing the weather is putting paid to any walks!

Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    I am sure the young and the old would be preoccupied if things are not working and besides who cares about anyone else this is the year of ME or you if you know what I mean.
    Why yes it IS the year of me, I keep forgetting, just not used to putting myself anywhere near first.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnTiger View Post
    +1 ha ha

I reckon a few more veggies should see you right. I find that if I go too meat-centric and not enough veggies then I can get a bit bound. Also a walk and a warm drink can often do the trick, but I'm guessing the weather is putting paid to any walks!
    Yes far too cold to walk anywhere. Even the ski hill in town was closed because the temperatures were too dangerous. There is your definition of fricking cold.......too cold to ski for crissakes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    Why yes it IS the year of me, I keep forgetting, just not used to putting myself anywhere near first.
    Don't worry I will remind you

Holy cow you guys are really being frozen over there try to stay warm.

Today was much better, only -15C this morning. Supposedly we are supposed to warm up to 9 degrees and rain by Saturday. Crazy I tell you!
    Food today was good. Day 7 of the Whole30 and I am rocking it.....if I do say so myself
    B-coffee with coconut oil and coconut milk
    L-leftover ground beef and kale concoction from Monday
    Snack-pear
    S-BAS with chicken breast, smoked salmon, roasted beets, tomato and avocado
    decaf coffee with coconut milk, a handful of almonds and some creamed coconut.
    Creamed coconut has been a life saver for any sweet cravings.

Oh and still no poop.
    Last edited by Clarkie; 01-08-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast