Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breakfast page

honeychip is offline Member

Breakfast

Shop Now
    So what does everyone have for breakfast? I get bored with the same thing every morning, tho I do love bacon!!
    Please don't say left overs!!!!

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    My breakfasts don't look much different than other meals! I don't eat eggs so I often have ground meat hash of sorts with turnip, greens and coconut butter. If I'm craving more of a "traditional" breakfast I may mix some ground chia seeds with raw hemp protein, fruit, nuts and some hot coconut milk to make a "porridge". I know most folks eat lots of morning egg dishes

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Sometimes I have:
    chicken breast and sweet potatoes with mustard and sriracha
    pork tenderloin in pig's feet jelly with sweet potatoes and mustard
    scrambled eggs
    sometimes after the scrambled eggs I'll make a banana/protein powder/almond butter/egg white microwave mug cake
    3 fried egg whites with leftover meat from dinner and put the egg yolks in my coffee
    meat, chicken or fish with riced cauliflower and carrots and sriracha
    half a banana and instant coffee in a protein powder shake a few hours before any of the above
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Following my general rule of thumb, which is that everything "they" told us about health for the last 30+ years is a lie, I figure breakfast is the least important meal of the day.

That said, for folks that do like breakfast, anything you can eat for any other meal, you can eat for breakfast.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    I just put a brisket on my smoker.....should be done for breakfast in the morning

Oh, and just found a new local roaster for coffee... gonna make some of that for sure as well.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Chocolate banana pancakes: Blend one banana, 1T cocoa powder, two eggs, vanilla essence. Melt butter in a small frypan, pour in the mixture, cook gently till almost set, slide onto plate then flip back into the pan to cook the other side. Makes two.

Omelette: Stirfry two mushrooms and a leaf of silver beet, beat two eggs with a splash of milk or cream, season with salt and pepper. Pour over the veges and cook till almost set. Sprinkle with grated cheese and finish under the grill.

Hash browns: Stir a beaten egg through some mashed potato, form into patties and pan fry in butter.

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    I go through periods of food obsession. For example right now I am making 1/2 gallon of yogurt each week so I eat a lot of that.
    Random stuff I put in my yogurt when I feel like it:
    Thawed frozen fruit, diced apple, bananas, berries
    Honey, preserves (when I had a farmers market a lady made the best, chunkiest, creatively flavored butters and jams. Gah I miss it) recommended only a little, and after your body has adjusted to a lower, more moderate sugar intake. I use these as treats
    Cinnamon, chocolate
    Any combination of the above
    I've gone literally months eating different frittatas every weekday (I often skipped on weekends). Some of my favorites were broccoli or zucchini, bacon, and Romano, spinach and feta, and pork and greens. I cooked the meats if there were any in plenty of butter and then just poured over the other ingredients and beaten eggs. Never stuck and I have steel pans.

I've also gone through a OMGNOMOAREGGS stage where I ate cold leftover roast chicken and sweet potatoes, cold hamburgers, avocado, ground beef and greens, or canned fish.

Now that I don't have a kitchen, I've had to simplify my breakfasts. Some days it's just an apple or piece of fruit, sometimes with a hunk of cheese. When I've eaten through the yogurt, I'll scramble or poach some eggs in the microwave.

If I have somehow gotten through a quart of strained yogurt and all or most of my eggs, I'll get a little more creative and make the cauliflower grits from Mark's cookbook (puréed cooked cauliflower, butter, salt) and treat it just like grits (with cheese, poached egg, sausage, or shrimp, puréed cooked pumpkin, or some dried fruits and nuts if I ever have any around). I will occasionally make some primal treats like banana or pumpkin muffins.

Here's a website I stumbled across awhile back, 80 breakfast ideas: http://paleo.com.au/2012/08/80-paleo-breakfast-ideas/
    Last edited by RittenRemedy; 11-16-2013 at 08:04 PM.

DennyB is online now Senior Member
    I rarely like to cook in the morning, so on the rare mornings im hungry its usually left over dinner with coffee, hardboiled eggs with siracha a banana and coffee or a few cans of sardines with coffee. Usually its just coffee tho and i cook a huge breakfast/lunch when I wake up a bit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

weaverchick is offline Member
    I just made egg muffins for the week which consisted off eggs, homemade sausage, and a little potatoes o'brien. Other times I have a slice of meat, cheese and a piece of fruit or yogurt. Other times I eat leftovers. When I feel like a treat I have a hazelnut tapioca waffle with butter and maple syrup.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I get up at 4 45 in the A.M. and am out the door by 5 20 A.M. who has time for breakfast? I eat around noon with a sample of last nights leftovers. My big meal is supper. Mind you I have been doing this for a few years now so what I do may not work for a newbie.

Breakfast should be mostly protein and fats so you dont break your fast with an insulin burst after being on fat burning mode all night though How you assemble that is up to you. I liked boiled eggs and herring or sardines with spicy salsa for mornings.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast