Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast page 2

venfayon is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have two scrambled eggs with 1/2 - 1 TBSP Virgin Coconut Oil centrifuged and a couple fish oil capsules every day. 3 times a week, Mon, Wed, Fri I use 1/2 - 1 TBSP Unsalted Kerrygold grass fed butter instead of the coconut oil. I try not to take in more butter than that to keep my omega 6 low.
    Last edited by venfayon; 11-16-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Bacon and eggs, steak and eggs, lamb and eggs, sausage and eggs, nothing, or my favorite, Bulletproof Coffee!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Marks coffee and eggs in one is actually really good. I eat like 6 eggs a day anyhow, but for those looking to add some nutrionally dense foods (i.e. egg yolk) this is a winner!

ColoradoSteve is offline Senior Member
    I figured most people eat the same bowl of cereal every morning and don't get bored so I can do the same with my breakfast.

Saturday - depends. Usually some sweet potato pancakes or omlets or something.
    Sundays - we eat at the local greasy spoon that has very good breakfasts. They know us as the 'no bread' family.

During the week, I usually alternate bacon and eggs and protein 'pancakes':

Heat up an omelet pan.

In a shaker bottle
    2 eggs
    1/2 (or a little less) scoop of vanilla protein powder
    cinnamon to taste(~1/4 tsp)
    a little water to thin it a little (or milk if you do any dairy)

Shake. Shake some more. Melt some leftover bacon grease in the pan. Pour the mix and cover.

Wait for it to puff up quite a bit (it helps to have a glass lid). Remove cover and practice your flipping skills to flip the pancake. A minute more on the other side and enjoy.

Great with sliced strawberries or blueberries. Also good smothered with some almond flower although I'm cutting back on the nuts some.

You can leave out the cinnamon to make them vanilla.
    Never, never, never quit! -- Winston Churchill

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Breakfast

Not sure if you allow a decent amount of carbs but if you do...

2 ingredient breakfast porridge. Add coconut milk, vanilla, and coconut flakes/chopped nuts if desired. 4 bananas makes a big bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE sauteed squid and scallops and/or mussels! SO delicious!

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    I stick to the basics. Bacon and eggs or steak and eggs cooked in butter with a couple cups of coffee and heavy cream.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joaniel View Post
    following my general rule of thumb, which is that everything "they" told us about health for the last 30+ years is a lie, i figure breakfast is the least important meal of the day.

That said, for folks that do like breakfast, anything you can eat for any other meal, you can eat for breakfast.
    like!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    I went through phases, and tried many breakfasts through the years... I usually have to leave to work early, so not a lot of time for an early breakfast, I have mine around brunch time... best breakfast (i.e. the ones which made me very satisfied for many hours after) are:
    1- Cottage Cheese, plain or with maple syrup/ or honey if you are OK with it - easiest fast food and very filling
    2- Quinoa porridge (with non-dairy milk) - have to prep it the night before
    3-Liver, usually on some weekends unless I cook it the night before, especially when I have a lie-in - no idea why a small amount of liver has me bursting with energy for hours - expect its the nutrients

Other varieties I have occasionally and mostly at weekends when I have time are:
    Of course the awsome full English breakfast, I don't trust any cafe as they use oils etc, so it has to be done at home at weekends
    Cottage & eggs pancakes - again takes time to cook so only at weekends

I was travelling a couple of years ago, the hotel I stayed in served big greasy greasy greasy curries every morning for breakfast imagine all the lovely indo-china coconutty flavours!! I had that every morning lol as I had a whole day of walking and touring a head of me, and didn’t feel like eating anything else the rest of the day except a little snack perhaps in the evening... I lost weight on that trip & so fell in love the food, wish I can live in a 5star hotel who cook such meals lol .
    Last edited by Hotmail; 11-20-2013 at 02:53 AM.

Kwaggz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Scrambled eggs and bacon, or eggs and homemade sausage, usually with some veggies sautéed in bacon fat or butter to go along with it. I can usually make it 5-6 hours until lunch when I eat high fat high protein low carbs in the morning. Sometimes I have fruit and almond butter at work, or uncured salami, aged cheese, and an apple. Sometimes it's a totally unsweetened muffin (pumpkin or banana) toasted and slathered in Kerrygold. Always coffee.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast