Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would a photo of YOUR week's Groceries look like? page

Antiochia is offline Senior Member

What would a photo of YOUR week's Groceries look like?

Shop Now
    Here is a link with photos of people from all over the world with a week's worth of groceries. Interesting! As a friend of mine commented, "Mongolians consume more bread and less mare's milk than I would have thought. Mexicans are powered entirely on veggies and coke. Japanese eat strange little packages."

What A Week Of Groceries Looks Like Around The World Nutrition News
    Ruth

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    ~Bill Cosby

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    That is very cool. I would move in with the Aussie, French or Japanese family.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    Super cool find. I keep meaning to do these but I never seem to be able to get all my groceries in one place at the same time without already having started something or forgotten to take the meat out of the freezer.

All of the South/Central American food looked beautiful. God those plantains. I really liked the different lighting for each nation too. Don't know whether that was intentional or spontaneous.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Couldn't do this, between stocking up the freezer once every couple of months and shopping for fresh food at least 5 days a week...

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    It would look like a stack of canned fish, a big bag of sweet potatoes and a bunch of meat. Oh, and I bought some snap peas today. Pretty boring.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

What would a photo of YOUR week's Groceries look like?

My groceries are always changing. Lately it is:
    1-2 dozen eggs
    3ish bags of frozen pineapple & mangoes, other fruits
    3 cartons cage free egg whites
    5-10 16oz 1% cottage cheese (no gums)
    (3lbs of meat +
    5ish lbs of grassfed beef neckbones every 1.5 weeks... Butcher shop)
    1L grassfed whole milk
    10lbs of organic potatoes (doing potato hack 3 days a week)
    Random other stuff: tea, coffee, sugar, maple syrup, light coconut milk, oj, etc.

I want to buy more meat but no monies as I am traveling a lot this winter break. Cottage cheese & potatoes are cheap. 16oz cottage cheese without gums is $1.99! Trying to minimize debt so I will be debt free 3 years after I get outta law school.

Edit: damn there are zero produce or fresh meat in the USA family one. Shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 11-16-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Eggs, meat, greek full fat yogurt, and raw milk tend to fill fridge. There are some apples in the back somewhere...and we buy potatoes but use em so little that a 5 lb bag goes bad before we get through the darned thing . Kids got some gluten free rice cereal though that they like. Oh, we also always have carrots and bananas available.

Actually I just went shopping today...I should take a picture, but I'll just list the actual items...should last us a few days:

4 lb grass fed beef brisket
    1lb local roasted coffee
    2 quarts of full fat Traderspoint Creamery yogurt (one mango/andbanana one regular)
    1 quart of full fat goatsmilk yogurt
    1 box of rice cereal

Stopped for the 2 gallons of raw milk at the farm on my way home.

We already have 4 dozen eggs, 3 lbs of carrots, one bunch banaana's, a bag of granny smith apples, 1/2 bag of tators, several cans of salmon, tuna, and oysers at the house. Several bags of "california blend" veggies are in the freezer along with about 25 lbs of beef left from the last cow...also still have about a pound of bacon and a pound of sausage ready to go.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 11-16-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
    Really Derp?

I'm considered thin (maybe not skinny) and I eat real food.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

concept408 is offline Junior Member
    The pictures speak volumes on why obesity is such an epidemic in the USA and Great Britain. Holy cow at all those sugar, msg, and vegetable oil junk foods!!

The Germans is my kind of people with the alcohol and all

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast