View Poll Results: What comes closest to how you'll celebrate

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Turkey & fixin's w/my darling family.

37 75.51%
  • Turkey & fixin's w/my DREADFUL family.

0 0%
  • Another meat, but still a holiday feast.

5 10.20%
  • Reservations for two.

1 2.04%
  • Reservations for a group.

1 2.04%
  • Pizza or other take-out or delivery.

1 2.04%
  • Working for the $$ or to let others be w/their families.

2 4.08%
  • All veggies and a nice tofurkey roast.

0 0%
  • I don't need no steenkin' turkey. I'm going bar hopping.

2 4.08%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thanksgiving Poll page 3

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Interesting results.

I'm hoping these are skewed a little more toward the last option here as I plan on going to the Quarter with no plan except to wander around and check out different bars or clubs. I'm always invited to Thanksgiving since I moved here, but it always involves many young children, and being trapped in someone else's home with many small children is one of my mini-nightmares.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Artemis67 is offline Senior Member
    I'll do my normal volunteer shift that morning, then stick around for the noon potluck, attended by the skeleton crew of essential staff and any other volunteers who decide to show up (and quite a few of them do). The food is generally terrible, or simply stuff I can't eat, but the company is good and I look forward to it every year. I don't know what food I'm taking yet.

In the afternoon, I'll come home and paint while waiting for my duck to cook. I'm not yet sure what else I will eat besides the duck, or if I will bother with anything else at all. I'll also roast a couple of turkey breasts for the cats, so they will leave me alone while I eat said duck. I've been known to devour an entire duck without benefit of plate, utensils, or side dishes; it could very well be one of those years.

I've been invited to a couple of holiday dinners by friends, but one has a nasty sow of a mother who (for reasons not fully made clear) has a raging hateboner for me, and the other gathering will include a horde of small children. So I'm okay with flying solo for the evening.

On Saturday, I'll drive up north to see my mom; she's making a pork roast, and we'll gossip and talk about our respective art projects while my stepdad yells at the TV.

raikay is offline Member
    Starting the day with a 5k and then heading up north to eat out with family. It'll be a bit off not doing the turkey at home thing but health stuff has made the parents decide they want to eat out instead of having anyone over.
    Every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value --Winnie Dalley

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    2 of my kids will be home, and a friend is joining us. We'll have:
    Turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberries
    Mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, homemade pineapple rolls
    Brussel sprouts with bacon
    Corn casserole
    Peas with pearl onions, carrots in dill
    Creamed spinach
    Ham

And then... PIE!

We have a pie party the day after Thanksgiving. This year we will have upwards of twenty different pies. But on Thanksgiving we usually have pumpkin and or apple pie, served with cream, vanilla ice cream, or Cool Whip (just my Honey, he loves it on pumpkin pie).

We'll eat early, then lounge around and play board and card games until we are hungry enough for...
    Turkey sandwiches!

The (almost) perfect day(Just missing Eldest).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123