Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exercise ball as chair? page

jwkelley is online now Junior Member

Exercise ball as chair?

Primal Fuel
    So I started doing this about 6 months back but had to stop due to bring moved to a different department. But want to go back to it. It seemed to be working, I felt my lower back getting stronger. I started of with a few hours each day and worked my wY up to a full day. I plans to build my desk up to adjust to a standing or sitting desk. So I can go back and forth. Anyone else do anything like this. I need to go to the ball in the stand due to aluminum shavings on the ground now. ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1384515890.110304.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1384515897.532871.jpg

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    A girl at work uses one. Personally I think it's just a giant distraction in the office.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Why would it be a disruption in the office? Only a few people asked me about it and it was more of is it working? I didn't play around with it, I just sit in it then roll it under my desk so it doesn't roll out and around.

Quote Originally Posted by jwkelley View Post
    Why would it be a disruption in the office? Only a few people asked me about it and it was more of is it working? I didn't play around with it, I just sit in it then roll it under my desk so it doesn't roll out and around.
    20-something year old girl, in tight pants, bouncing up and down on a ball all day in an office of 100ish people about 50/50 men and women in an open area with half walls only dividing groups of 6-8 desks...

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I've done it in the past, but as it is I only get a reprieve to sit at my job on rare occasion while doing notes for the day so not worth it for me. If I were sitting 8+ hours though I would consider it again. In the long run your best off to incorporate more mini-breaks where you stand up and move around. Sitting on a physioball is probably better than sitting in a chair BUT its still sitting.

That makes total sense, since I am not in my 20's nor a girl in tight pants I won't have that kind if attention. We had someone in a kilt the other day at work. Maybe if I wore that I would get done attention on the ball then.

Quote Originally Posted by jwkelley View Post
    That makes total sense, since I am not in my 20's nor a girl in tight pants I won't have that kind if attention. We had someone in a kilt the other day at work. Maybe if I wore that I would get done attention on the ball then.
    Hate my office, women can wear skirts and dresses that are roughly knee length. One of us kilt wearers came in with a kilt WITH APPROVAL FROM SENIOR MANAGEMENT. HR saw it, immediately got on the phone to legal becuase if offended the HR rep that a man was wearing a skirt, legal quickly issued a decree from corporate that men can not wear 'skirt like garments', go home and change.

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    20-something year old girl, in tight pants, bouncing up and down on a ball all day in an office of 100ish people about 50/50 men and women in an open area with half walls only dividing groups of 6-8 desks...
    I don't understand why this would be a distr.....sorry, what was I saying?

Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    Hate my office, women can wear skirts and dresses that are roughly knee length. One of us kilt wearers came in with a kilt WITH APPROVAL FROM SENIOR MANAGEMENT. HR saw it, immediately got on the phone to legal becuase if offended the HR rep that a man was wearing a skirt, legal quickly issued a decree from corporate that men can not wear 'skirt like garments', go home and change.
    Aww.. That's bullshit!!! There is nothing sexier than a big strong man in a kilt (I'd prefer them with long hair and unshaven as well)... As our HR department is mainly woman I don't think that would be an issue anyway... maybe the drool would
    Besides it's discrimination against a persons heritage. I didn't think that would be allowed...

Anyway back to the ball thing, my therapist thinks it's a brilliant solution. For me it causes more back issues than it solves but I'm sure that it helps quite a bit of people
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My chiropractor gifted one to me and told me to use it at home, but I think I might bring it in to work. The only problem is it would be too low for me to really type comfortably at my desk. I definitely feel a difference when I've been using the ball for an hour or two everyday, at home.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast