Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What your body wants you to eat page

gergirl Guest

What your body wants you to eat

Primal Fuel
    Another question from the other side of the ocean:
    Do you believe in your body telling you which macros and micros it needs by longing for certain food?
    At the moment I could just subsist on fruits, nuts and lowfat quark/curd and joghurt, agave sirup on top.
    Not really PB, right?
    What's the science behind that? Do you know those phases?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gergirl View Post
    Do you believe in your body telling you which macros and micros it needs by longing for certain food?
    At the moment I could just subsist on fruits, nuts and lowfat quark/curd and joghurt, agave sirup on top.
    Not really PB, right?
    Tough call. I go with that yes your body is trying to tell you something, but that we can no longer trust ourselves to interpret those signals. Our conscious mind has been manipulated by mass media and our physiological and neurological "mind" or autonomic processes have been soaked in chemistry set experiments of hyperpalatability and addictive substances to such a degree that we can no longer trust our instincts. If you grew up in a pristine environment and hadn't been introduced to such things I'd say trust your body and instincts. But as is, nope, cant trust em. They've been usurped.

But, if you have lived clean eating primal for a significant amount of time then there may be hope .

gergirl Guest
    @Neckhammer
    Well, not clean in a PB sense but clean meaning no added sugars, vitamines - simply chemistry. Eating mostly organic food, non-processed, no junk.

So we're lost? Isn't the PB some kind of back to the instincs?

@Neckhammer
    Well, not clean in a PB sense but clean meaning no added sugars, vitamines - simply chemistry. Eating mostly organic food, non-processed, no junk.

So we're lost? Isn't the PB some kind of back to the instincs?
    Not really. PB is more of a "mimic those who can rely on their instincts" approach. Observe hunter/gatherers and our knowledge of what ancestral man ate and just do that. Basically at some point of doing that though yes we hope that we can reprogram our tastes and instincts to that of a healthy human, rather than the obese sickly versions of such that we are becoming on a whole.

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Not really PB, right?
    Where are you?

I think if your body is happy eating that at the moment I wouldn't worry too much. Your bound to crave more meat/protein eventually. But my WOE is a little more on the fruit & veg side.

gergirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Not really. PB is more of a "mimic those who can rely on their instincts" approach. Observe hunter/gatherers and our knowledge of what ancestral man ate and just do that.
    I see your point and agree...but one thing makes me think...Was it their instincs or just a lack of alternatives?

I see your point and agree...but one thing makes me think...Was it their instincs or just a lack of alternatives?
    Surely its a combination of the two. But that also brings home the point that for much of our history not all items where perpetually available in abundance. That is the basis of some of the restrictions of even what would be considered "natural" foods. Eating seasonally and learning to grow and prepare your own foods can help you navigate that particular minefield though without having to overthink it.

gergirl Guest
    @ Neckhammer:Eating seasonally and learning to grow and prepare your own foods can help you navigate that particular minefield though without having to overthink it. - That's what I'm trying to do...eating seasonally, prepare my food, but not overthinking doesn't work..
    @HannakB: Germany, Europe small country, but we'e there!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    If I listened to my "body," I'd be living on burgers, sourdough bread, brie cheese, vodka, and tequila.

So maybe - but not for all of us.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    If I listened to my "body," I'd be living on burgers, sourdough bread, brie cheese, vodka, and tequila.

So maybe - but not for all of us.
    I guess I'm lucky. I crave fruits mostly (couple weeks ago couldn't get enough watermelon) & yesterday it was cabbage fried with onion & a little mustard.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast