Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What your body wants you to eat page 5

biko is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Don't know:
    Bananas all day, whipped cream, milk chocolate, greasy stuff, pudding, all types of pies / cake.

biko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gergirl View Post
    Had a great breakfast, that satisfied my need of sth sweet:
    Stir 2 eggs, cut an apple a banana into pieces; give the apples into an pan and add the egg; wait until it is boiled and add the banana and scramble. Topping: cinamon, honey&tbs of sour cream, chia seeds, nuts...as you like it. Might not sound tasty but it is - zo me and kept me full till midday. NO chocolate cereals anyway
    Sounds like my breakfast lately.
    I might add bacon bits and avocado.

gergirl Guest
    Avocado: Yes, Bacon: no, not with the honey and apples and as a vegetarian...NO!
    But: have a good meal

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    . I find that honey is so sweet and has no additional flavors .
    Umm yeah it does. Different honeys have different flavours depending on what is flowering & where they are getting there pollen from.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    If I restrict one macro for too long I get cravings for the junkiest format of that macro as well as some healthier options.

For example if I restrict fat too low for about 2 weeks I get the biggest craving for a huge hunk of mozzarella cheese, ice cream, and peanut butter. If I restrict carbs too low I want CAKE, bananas, and sushi.

Oh wait. I always crave sushi and bananas. Never mind...
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    I wish I could enjoy sushi. My SO has gotten pretty handy at making her own.

M.

gergirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    If I restrict one macro for too long I get cravings for the junkiest format of that macro as well as some healthier options.

For example if I restrict fat too low for about 2 weeks I get the biggest craving for a huge hunk of mozzarella cheese, ice cream, and peanut butter. If I restrict carbs too low I want CAKE, bananas, and sushi.

Oh wait. I always crave sushi and bananas. Never mind...
    THat's what happens to me...craving other things than you do, but ...big bang binge then...

What your body wants you to eat

Quote Originally Posted by gergirl View Post
    THat's what happens to me...craving other things than you do, but ...big bang binge then...
    I just eat some of the macro I crave before I get to the binge stage. Like when I started craving fats like crazy I ate some fatty lamb and some mozzarella for dinner. I had been really low on fats for 2 weeks by that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The reason I don't believe that the body is a no-fault gauge of "desire, therefore you need it," is addiction. From sugar addiction to chemical addictions, the body wants what makes it feel good at a moment in time. I've heard that the human is motivated by two things: the seeking out of those things that make it feel good, and the avoidance of those things that make it feel bad. I.e., we lust for pleasure, and we avoid pain.

Since there are many things that make us feel good in the short run, and since there are so many of us that eat to unwellness, I think that listening to "one's body" is a fallacy.

Your brain tells/teaches you what optimal health is. You pursue optimal health. Eventually you find it, and it has nothing to do with what your body wants you to eat. It has everything to do with learning what is good for you.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Oh Lordy. Addiction as a category defined so broadly swallows the usefulness of the category. Is love an addiction? Withdrawal, euphoria, heightened pulse, altered brain state. Is chocolate an addiction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast