Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What your body wants you to eat page 3

Missimia is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I think that works to a certain degree. Like, if I am dehydrated, I crave juicy fruit. If I have undereaten, I crave dense calorie sources like fat. If I have been working out like crazy and my glycogen is depleted, I crave carbs. But, beyond that, I don't know. I kind of roll my eyes when people talk about how they binged on something because they were deficient in a micronutrient. More likely, it was because they just needed the calories or have an uncontrolled eating disorder.

But, I do think the human body is suited for eating a lot of one type of food at a time. It is very natural, imo, to want to eat only a few things for an extended period of time, and then all of a sudden lose your taste for them and want to eat something else. The whole idea of eating a "balanced meal" that includes everything you need, three times a day, is complete garbage and makes people overeat.

MarielleGO is online now Senior Member
    It depends on how intune you are with your body. You have to be able to differentiate between cravings from your mind and what your body really needs. They can be very different.
    Right now I totally feel like eating tons of chocolate but that doesn't mean my body is in need of fat or cacoa. But I know that when I eat the healthy stuff (even though I do not like it one bit) I feel lots better.
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannakb View Post
    I think your underestimating the human brain.
    In order for your body to recognise a specific nutrient deficient, it requires more than your brain.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

gergirl Guest
    Thanks for your thoughts!
    Leaving aside that everyone has to give in to chocolate, alcohol, candy etc once in a while, what about the "real" food, which is more likely concidered as healthy? I can leave certain food aside for weeks and than...wooosh - I rediscover it and eat a lot of it. Is it that the body needs to fill a deficite? And when resored it moves on to the next contents?
    @Massimia
    But, I do think the human body is suited for eating a lot of one type of food at a time. It is very natural, imo, to want to eat only a few things for an extended period of time, and then all of a sudden lose your taste for them and want to eat something else. The whole idea of eating a "balanced meal" that includes everything you need, three times a day, is complete garbage and makes people overeat.
    That was what I' thinking of, posting my question!

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Gergirl, be careful about that agave syrup. I've heard some bad things, ernst.

M.

freedom.please is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I have been making liver fajitas lately and even the squeamish man of the house really likes them. In a frying pan the liver goes (chicken or beef) with onions, red and yellow bell peppers and chiles with adobo sauce. Serve with burrito fixings (cilantro, avocado, lettuce, tomato, salsa etc). Delicious.
    hmm this sounds interestingly good... might I ask if you soaked your liver beforehand ? ( the liver your eating, not your personal liver)
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

gergirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Gergirl, be careful about that agave syrup. I've heard some bad things, ernst.

M.
    Jepp, heard that too. What did you hear? I am careful (not eating it daily) and looking for further information Thank you! Ernsthaft!

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Basically, the stuff's more fructose than HFCS is. If you're not using it very often it might not be too bad, but measure by measure it's worse than white table sugar.

M.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freedom.please View Post
    hmm this sounds interestingly good... might I ask if you soaked your liver beforehand ? ( the liver your eating, not your personal liver)
    No, I just toss it in the pan and once it gets a little firm I cut it up with my spatula.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

gergirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Basically, the stuff's more fructose than HFCS is. If you're not using it very often it might not be too bad, but measure by measure it's worse than white table sugar.

M.
    Did some research...I do have the organic version of course, that shouldn't be that bad. But I think I quit using it in the long run. I'll switch back to honey...if I need to dulcorate something. But my alltime favourite is dried apricot to satisfy my sweet tooth. Another (sweet, sugary)thing to itch for at the moment.
    What's going on with me...since I try to eat more PB like, I love avocado, never did before...but my stomach for that is triggered. But I also seem to go for sugar. Chocolate chrunchy cerials want to be my friend now...I'm fighting. Will that pass???
    Any suggestion how to stop this? Is it normal? I can reduce or leave out bread, oats (if they are not around), and pasta etc. even all the other sweets and cadies.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast