Thread: Meal timing page

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Meal timing

Shop Now
    So here's the story. I put on 30 pounds in the past 2 years due to one extremely stressful year in Hell, Canada -- plus half a year in an emotionally stressful situation which I am still in. I never weighed myself in the past 3 years and the weight creeped on. I figured I was about 15 pounds heavier, but noooo.

Anyway, I got myself a nice job where I am on my feet for 6-8 hours a day. I am also going to the gym 4 times a week for about 45 minutes each time, early in the morning. Third, I am eating Warrior Diet style, one big meal at the end of the day and nothing but water otherwise. I have been doing this for a week.

The eating thing is comfortable. I am eagerly hungry after work but not ravenous. My concern is waiting 8 - 10 hours after my workout to eat anything. Thoughts? I guess I'll tally up the "YOUR BODY IS EATING ITSELF BRO" and the "Meh, as long as you eat enough when you do eat" responses and see who wins.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    "Meh, as long as you eat enough when you do eat"

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Well...for one what are you doing at the gym?

For twos..... are you eating cleaner paleo/primal now?

Due to a knee injury I can't do regular deadlifts or squats right now. I split the workouts into back, chest, shoulders, and arms & legs, with about 3 exercises each day, 5x5 for most, 15 minute warmup on the elliptical. So I don't get super crazy.

Also, yes, I have cut out added sugar which was the main culprit, except for a teaspoon of honey to my kale shakes every other day. I have brown rice a couple times a week and other starches but eat no wheat or wheat alternatives. I don't even have cheat days.
    Last edited by Grumpycakes; 11-14-2013 at 05:51 AM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    Due to a knee injury I can't do regular deadlifts or squats right now. I split the workouts into back, chest, shoulders, and arms & legs, with about 3 exercises each day, 5x5 for most, 15 minute warmup on the elliptical. So I don't get super crazy.

Also, yes, I have cut out added sugar which was the main culprit, except for a teaspoon of honey to my kale shakes every other day. I have brown rice a couple times a week and other starches but eat no wheat or wheat alternatives. I don't even have cheat days.
    Ahh.... From a weight loss perspective it really doesn't matter when you do your resistance training in relation to meal timing... just so long as you do it. Its really just to make sure your body retains its lean mass and preferentially burn the fat for energy at this point. If you where actually trying to bulk up or gain mass then sure having a meal around your workout time might be more important. As is I'd say its fine.

Thanks.