Thread: Censorship of HuffPost health articles? page

Kochin is offline Senior Member

Censorship of HuffPost health articles?

Primal Fuel
    This article: The Five Stages of Living With Obesity | Arya M. Sharma, MD
    So, several incorrect points in it. Decided to correct one of them. Namely the most obvious: that obesity is 'incurable'.
    Key quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arya M. Sharma; Chair, Obesity Research and Management, University of Alberta
    Now that we have come to appreciate that obesity is a chronic disease (for which we have no cure!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arya M. Sharma; Chair, Obesity Research and Management, University of Alberta
    I reach the stage where I accept that I need to become more realistic about the solutions. I am now ready to find and accept the help I need (and fight for it if I have to) or I am ready to accept that this is what I will have to live with for the rest of my life -- so let's make the best of it and move on.
    My post got deleted once. Tried again. Still not there. Got proof now.

Yes, I am a blunt cunt everywhere and yes, the tabs needed to be censored.
    But both are besides the point: what there could possibly be seen as SO offensive to peoples' "sensibilities" that it cannot be published? And irrelevance doesn't seem to be an issue, as most replies are complaining about or attempting to correct the position that man holds. Yet mine is somehow offensive... :/
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    People have complained forever about innocuous comments getting deleted.

The fact is that in order to gain moderator status, you must report a large number of posts that others also report as against the rules. So the most reliable way to gain moderator status is to start a sock puppet account to violate the rules and then report the posts of your sock puppet account using your primary account. Is it any wonder that trolls seem to control what ends up posted in comments?

Note: I am a person who posts on that site and never checks back again. That's not really a bad attitude to have.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    People have complained forever about innocuous comments getting deleted.

The fact is that in order to gain moderator status, you must report a large number of posts that others also report as against the rules. So the most reliable way to gain moderator status is to start a sock puppet account to violate the rules and then report the posts of your sock puppet account using your primary account. Is it any wonder that trolls seem to control what ends up posted in comments?

Note: I am a person who posts on that site and never checks back again. That's not really a bad attitude to have.
    Well, I'm a cunt, but I wouldn't know where to start finding something to call them... I want to post a comment, not run for 'office' against them. :/
    Thanks for mentioning, anyhow. Didn't know it was a common thing.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    You'd do well to just stay off Huffington anyways.

Still amazed how their whole staff can only have two brain cells.

M.