Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Average amount of sleep page 3

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I generally go to sleep between 9:30 and 10pm and wake up around 6:30. I guess that is 8.5 to 9 hours of sleep. If I do not get that much sleep I morph into a very, very mean cranky person.

Ever since I started CF and adjusted my diet, I just basically lay down, and fall asleep, then wake up the next morning. Very sound sleep, except for one day a month when I end up with insomnia which is I think related to hormones.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    I wish I could find time for 8 hours a night. I love to sleep. But for now, bedtime is 11-11:30pm, up at 4:45am. Weekends I will usually do one 10 hour sleep, my way of catching up...
    Pretty much this. Bed between 10-11pm, up at 3am. On my weekend one day I sleep in until 5am; the other day I sleep in until 8, though I may stay up later on weekends.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Primal_BK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I'm definitely polyphasic or whatever word you would like to use. I sleep and wake every 2-3 hours through the night until morning when I just lay there for the last hour waiting for the alarm to go off. This is usually from 11-12 at night until wake at 7AM. About 1-2x/week I take an hour nap during my lunch. I am never dragging ass or feeling tired while working or playing though. Its just how my body works I suppose.
    How's that impact your muscle recovery on work out days?

bjjcaveman is offline Member
    Average 6hr 50 min per night for the past 13.3 weeks according to Sleep Cycle.

I know I feel horrible when I get less than 6, and feel amazing after 7:30

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I average ten solid hours a day with a 16 hour nap to go back from nights to days, but with baby and other stuff, it's been less lately. More like 8 or nine, and I feel terrible.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Kwaggz is offline Senior Member
    I used to love sleeping in, but recently during the week I'm up at 6 to get to work, and 7:30am on weekends because that's when the dog gets up, no matter how late we stay up. And now with a puppy, I am sometimes up at 2:30, or 4:30, or 5:30 at which point I just stay up. So generally I try for 7 hours even though I don't feel fully rested. Can't seem to go to sleep earlier than 10:30, no napping. Sleep is the biggest primal hurdle for me.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I try to sleep at the same time every day even though I have to get up by different times. The only exception is when I go out and then it might be me coming home at 4 or 5am... But those nights are rare. I still get up at 7 or 8 and take a nap later; my body just wakes up at around 7am now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Primal_BK is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't matter what I do the night before, my eyes click open by 630. I physically can't stay in bed past that.

Lspoor is offline Junior Member
    Wow guys I'm struck by how early a lot of people seem to be rising? Is this a natural thing or a work thing? I tend to go to bed about 11.30 and wake at 7am so getting aroundabout 7 hours a night once I get to sleep, but I have huuuge trouble getting out of bed! I'm UK based and in Scotland so not sure if it's just the fact the clocks went back and the weather is getting cold, or whether I need to address another underlying issue. Either way, it's a big struggle to get out from under the warm snuggly duvet! I went through a phase of trying to get to bed early and rise early, but I'm currently writing a phd thesis and find the quiet evenings the most productive time for me.

Kwaggz is offline Senior Member
    Oh Lspoor, if I could, I'd sleep in until 8 or 9... I have to be at work at 7:30 and on weekends my dog wakes up at 7:30, so wakeup time is out of my hands, and I'm sure most of these other commenters as well!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast