Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The art of cheating… page

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

The art of cheating…

Primal Fuel
    Yep, cheating a little can be the spice of life in whatever we are doing, whether in a monogamous relation, training, or on a strict diet: If being too extreme or restricted with whatever, the risk of failure and the temptations of the forbidden stuff grows overwhelming and the demons will sit on our shoulders and try to tempt us into “unholiness” much of the time! So a little strategically planned cheating can make us take control over the temptation-demons way better than by being too rigorous!

One of my assistant told me about her aunt that is a catholic nun which lives in celibacy, that the nuns have an unwritten rule that they are allowed to have sex one day of the year to make the adherence of celibacy easier. That day I have sex almost nonstop for the whole day the nun told my assistant!

And similar to the restricted lifestyle of dieting; Plan your cheating days or cheat meals, remember that even the Primal blueprint have a 80/20 rule – if you’ll get 80 % right, then you may cheat a little for the rest. Personally, as I mentioned on another thread, I do a daily “cheat-dessert” at night, with brownie or cake and maybe a couple of drinks for the last meal of the day, because it’s a nice way to be rewarded when I have done everything right before that, and because it makes adherence to diet easier when I have some reward to look forward to at the end of the day. And then I can also allow myself to crash and will not be tempted to go overboard later on!

But that’s just me, what about others around here, have you planned to do some “cheating” against your primal diet or whatever?

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    I don't have an off limits list. Instead I just eat what ever I want while trying the best I can to pursue foods that I think are better for me. That's probably roughly 80/20, sometimes better and other times worse. But I make it work.

So in reality there is no cheating for me because I'm not on a diet.

However, when I really want to try to cut fast, which I haven't done or needed to do in a while, I'll be more strict for several weeks. Even then, I'll allow some slack if I have to. With a cutting diet, if you're really doing it right, even one cheat day isn't going to hurt, so long as you aren't purposely stuffing yourself. That's actually how I did it once last year simply because I didn't have easy convenient access to the ideal foods on Sundays, so that would be my cheat day, but even on that day I'd try to watch it on the calories.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    I do planned days of cheating. I know once I cheat I can't stop eating the bad stuff. So one day, a special day, like a girls night out or a holiday I plan to eat what ever I like. When I wake up the next morning I'm back to eating primal immediately.
    Though after a cheat day I do at least 3 or 4 days of strict 100% primal, after that I do eat a yoghurt desert.

My next cheat day will be 5 or 6 december. I'll be at a festival than and it will be a holiday here that is celebrated with candy. Say no to that!!!
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    But that’s just me, what about others around here, have you planned to do some “cheating” against your primal diet or whatever?
    I use the "gourmet exemption". If there's a spontaneous food offer that's homemade or contains some art or love I won't scrutinize the ingredients too closely. A single memory is worthwhile and won't negate patterns and habits.

But I'm careful not to pursue these experiences, and this never applies to commercial brands that I've already tasted a hundred times. If I regularly desired gas station chips or donuts I would consider it a problem.
    34//6'3"/180

Lots of: urban hiking, cycling, sprinting
    Lots of: fresh meat, seafood, eggs, organs, tubers, starch fruits, vegetables, meat fat, dairy fat, oil fruits
    Some: cured meat, dairy protein, sweet fruits, rice, pulses, tree nuts, oil seeds
    Minimal: soy, refined proteins, sugar, liquid carbohydrate, grains, refined oils, peanuts

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

The art of cheating…

I just eat. I don't cheat. I work with a bunch of stick thin models who don't eat above 1000 cals a day (and deal with parents always and forever commenting on me being fat) and I try not to develop the unhealthy mentality of "good food", "bad food", "cheat food" and I just try to eat whatever I can fit into my day. 90% of it happens to be beef, lamb, fruits, potatoes, gelatin, eggs, bone broth, coconut/grassfed milk, 1% cottage cheese without gums...everything cooked if necessary in saturated fats. Dashes of organic sugar and organic maple syrup to fuel strengthh workouts. The other 10% is rice, restaurant meals in seed oil (usually omelette or meat), sour gummies, dark & milk chocolate, frozen yogurt, and Haagen Dazs. Unless I am doing something specific like the potato hack I don't have off-limit foods. I just no longer really want pasta... Not worth the bloat and the fatigue feeling I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 11-12-2013 at 10:12 AM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Sunday evening, I've started eating whatever I want. It works great, I'm stuffed before I consume too much and I don't crave anything the rest of the week. I don't have any off limit foods at all, just a small window each week to indulge.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    I do planned days of cheating....
    Though after a cheat day I do at least 3 or 4 days of strict 100% primal, after that I do eat a yoghurt desert.

My next cheat day will be 5 or 6 december...

If it's planned, and you fit it into your overall eating plan, is it really cheating?
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    If it's planned, and you fit it into your overall eating plan, is it really cheating?
    Good point, I will send it over to the department of semantics’ to make a research study on just that...

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    To me it is. I'm very strict for myself out of fear of falling back to the SAD and if I cheat like that I will surely fall back.
    So I plan my cheat days so that I know for sure that I will go back onto PB
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

gergirl Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Right post at the right time..THANKS!
    I just did it...my favourite chocolate cerials...hmmm...
    Not guilty! that was just what I needed...one day of the week.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast