Thread: Death of the Food Pyramid page

magicmerl is offline Senior Member

Death of the Food Pyramid

Shop Now
    And here I was thinking that Denise Minger's book had been released. Silly me

Unraveling new healthy eating guide (the death of the food pyramid) - Life & Style - NZ Herald News
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Confusion continues to reign.

Especially annoying that they're still promoting canola oil and margarine over pure NZ butter.

All the more for me, I guess.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    That article is full of dogma itself, fruits "provide additional anti-oxidants and fibre that healthy hearts require.". "Eating high amounts of these [carbs], especially if they're refined or processed, will contribute to expanding waistlines and heart disease."

etc

I take it the NZ food pyramid was directly copied from the American one then?
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    I studied the history of country food guides while bored one day -- they all tend to resemble one another at any given time.

But way back in the good old days of the USA, butter was a food group! Also grains only represented 1 of the 6 groups, not the base of a pyramid.

1916-food-guide[1].jpg

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    That article is full of dogma itself, fruits "provide additional anti-oxidants and fibre that healthy hearts require.". "Eating high amounts of these [carbs], especially if they're refined or processed, will contribute to expanding waistlines and heart disease."

etc

Kinda weird that people are still on about antioxidants.

M.