Thread: Enfagrow page

Bisous is offline Senior Member

Enfagrow

Primal Fuel
    I know it isn't the coolest thing to post links to raunchy food, but seriously. People feed their toddlers this crap?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Diabete...ry?id=10876301

Oh look, they have recipes!

http://www.enfamil.ca/en/products/to...-enfagrow.html

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    That's ridiculous, I know. It plays on the research that breastfeeding past the age of 1 is still beneficial so parents that use formula are scared into thinking that if they stop then their child will be lacking proper nutrition. It's total fear-mongering targeted at an uneducated public and people buy this crap up. I know we had to use formula for our girls from 2 months on, and we stopped completely on their first birthday. When we went to their 1 yr pedi appointment the doctor asked if we were continuing formula or "next step". I was like no, are you kidding me?... even he admitted that it was totally unnecessary but he probably had samples or something given to him by these nutty formula people. Okay, end rant.

We just had grassfed steak in pastured butter with dulse flakes. Side of blueberries. Kids loved it.

Yum, We just had sausage and sauce over zucchini pasta with a side of butternut squash with butter. My kids loved it too. All products marketed to kids can totally kiss my kids skinny behinds! They'll never take part in these "designer nutrition" products.

I just read, dulse flakes? Did you cook that on the side? I've never thought of giving my kids seaweed. That is what it is, right? LOL

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Dulce flakes come really finely chopped and you can usually sprinkle on or in things really easily (like soups, salads, sauces, dressings). Good way to add the sea veggies without it being too obvious....
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie82 View Post
    I just read, dulse flakes? Did you cook that on the side? I've never thought of giving my kids seaweed. That is what it is, right? LOL
    I just sprinkled it on the steak. I had a foot and calf cramp the other day and thought I might be magnesium deficient. Not sure if seaweed is the best source of magnesium, but I added celtic salt for minerals too...