Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: little targets page

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member

little targets

When I started primal my target was to get healthy. I just wanted to cut down the days I felt really awful.
    Now almost 3 months into primal I think I'm doing a good job. The really bad days are now linked to the damned bug that is going around at work that seem to last forever.
    But I do have a lot more good days.

A little bonus is that my heart-rythm issues have been reduced by 85%...

To keep on track with eating primal and not to give into all the seasonal candy (big temptation) I'm setting myself little targets. Like now my target is to eat at least 20/80 primal with a average carb count of maximum 90 grams of carbs a day. (That's my standard primal day) no cheating till christmas...

To keep me motivated I would like to hear about other people's small targets and how they are getting there.
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Losing about 5cm (2inches) from my thighs?
    Actually, my smallest goal is to go from dried fruits as snacks to fresh fruit and veggies as snacks and keep the dried fruit as treats. Just because I know the added water content will be better for my health overall. And it's easy to get a whole papaya in one sitting if it's cut to bits and dried.

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    I would like, starting this week, to get to sleep by 10pm. I wake up at 7am and that would give me adequate sleep. Right now I got to bed at 10:30 and read things like this forum until 11:30 or later!! I know my body does best when it gets 9 hours of sleep. Last week, I had to stop in the middle of my squats and majorly lower the weight because I was just too tired. Changing my eating to PB has been easier than getting proper sleep! I think my problem is that by the time the kids go to bed (8:30pm) and I spend time with hubby, I need that "me" time. Unfortunately, it's compromising everything else. When I'm tired I make poor food choices and I can't perform in the gym as I need to. So...here goes...I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna get some sleep!! Wish me luck! ;-)

kendres20 is offline Junior Member
    What heart rhythm issues were you having, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by kendres20 View Post
    What heart rhythm issues were you having, if you don't mind me asking?
    I was diagnosed with Heart failure, which results in my heart skipping a beat every now and then… I found out that if I cut out the gluten, sugar and carbs they are a lot less.
    My story, My thought....

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

I have that as well! I was also diagnosed with cardiomyopathy 10 years ago. So you have noticed big changes by changing your diet??

I have that as well! I was also diagnosed with cardiomyopathy 10 years ago. So you have noticed big changes by changing your diet??
    Yes, me too. It's now 11 years ago when I was in the hospital.
    Yes, I found that deleting grains, gluten and sugar from my diet calms my body and makes me feel tons better! I never expected it. I started doing Primal just because I wanted more good days. Hoping that with taking out the carbs and adding the green stuff my body would be more happy with me.

I also found that the exercise schedule that Mark is describing in his PB fitness is ideal for people with heart failure. If you research on the web you find that many people have improved their Ejection Fraction by doing at least 30 minutes of low heart rate exercise a day. Depending on how well you feel you can do more or less.
    And sometimes it's just good to spike the heart rate and get the lazy thing to work properly…

If you are doubting if Primal/Paleo will help I'd advise to do it for a few weeks. I doubted a lot but after just three days I felt a major change...
    My story, My thought....

AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Thank you for sharing!! Yes I have been doing primal eating for a little over 3 weeks now and have lost 11 lbs and am feeling good! I also hired a personal trainer so I am hoping that these lifestyle changes will up my ejection fraction and make me an overall healthier person. Do you have cardiomyopathy too?

Thank you for sharing!! Yes I have been doing primal eating for a little over 3 weeks now and have lost 11 lbs and am feeling good! I also hired a personal trainer so I am hoping that these lifestyle changes will up my ejection fraction and make me an overall healthier person. Do you have cardiomyopathy too?
    Yes, I had the same thing. I got it from a bad flu but my new cardiologist isn't convinced that's all to it. He is sending me to a research group that goes into genetics as well.
    Loosing 11 pounds already is great. I haven't lost any weight after 5 months but I'm not too worried, I have only 10 pounds to loose and I have been quite lazy…

Try to look into supplements as well. I am taking quite a few in addition to the meds and it's going great on them.
    What does your doctor says about eating Primal? Mine didn't even blink and just said that if it makes me feel better it's okay.
    (though I didn't mention that the diet consisted out of 60% fat)
    My story, My thought....

AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That is so crazy! Mine was caused from a bad virus as well; small world! What supplements are you taking?

My cardiologist knew that I had planned to change me eating and exercise routine and gave me my limitations but I didnt get too specific with him on what my nutiriton plans were. I go to see him next month so I will see how he thinks I am doing. I am happy to meet someone going through the same thing as I am, not that I am happy you have to go through it, but its nice to have someone that knows what I am going through!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast