Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: veggies v meat page

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member

veggies v meat

Shop Now
    I really don't eat a lot of veggies.
    A general day looks like this:

B: omelet with bacon and some mozzarella (sometimes a red bell pepper)
    L: Lettuce, with 1 carrot, half a cucumber, mixed nuts or macadamias, some sort of meat and a tbsp of olive oil
    D: 150 grams of meat and 5 or 6 tbsp of veggies. (sometimes I eat the same salad I had for lunch for dinner and sometimes I add sweet potato fries)

I honestly think that it's not enough for eating healthy but I wondered what the seasoned Grok eats.

How is your meat versus veggies? do you eat more meat or more veggies?
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Marielle, that looks like lots of veges, certainly more than most people eat probably in a week.

There is room for more if you really want to add them e.g. add onion, mushrooms and/or greens, as well as herbs to your omelette at breakfast. I honestly think you have plenty going on at lunch but I guess there's room for a tomato or avocado as well. As for dinner, I don't know what your six tablespoons of veges consists of but as long as you have a variety it sounds good to me. Some examples are broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, beetroot, parsnip, kumara, pumpkin, leeks...

Some of my meals are more meat than veges, sometimes the other way around. Even a beef casserole would have onion, garlic, carrot and tomatoes in it at a bare minimum. if then served with potato and broccoli I think that would tip the meal in favour of veges (by volume, perhaps calorie-wise meat may still come out ahead). I really don't know if it matters much. I just try to eat real food.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    I eat more veggies by volume. More meat by calories. Protein is the centerpiece of every meal.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

gergirl Guest
    put some tomatos in your omelette!

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Looks fine to me. You can get plenty of nutrients even if you don't eat lots of vegetables. If it works for you, go with it.

I'm the opposite, actually. Very light on meat and heavy on the vegetables and starches.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I almost never eat veggies ever since I realized I don't need them if I ate offal and fruit.

Moarrrr meatttttt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Marielle, what you're eating looks fine.

Generally I don't eat much veggies at all. I have upped my fruit a little since citrus is in season - I'm not talking huge amounts. Like a tangerine or persimmon every day. I keep frozen greens around for when I make a Joe's Special. Recently I splurged and bought turnips and sweet potatoes. Though I enjoyed them, after two days of one decent serving per day, I woke up feeling like a blob. I think I'll indulge only a couple times a week.

Generally my macros as a % of calories look something like this:

Protein: 40-45%
    Carbs: 10-20%
    Fat: 40-45%
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I eat more veggies by volume. More meat by calories. Protein is the centerpiece of every meal.
    This.

I have a large salad every weekday and every evening meal has a large quantity of steamed, boiled or fried vegetables included.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    That's about what I eat. Sounds perfectly healthy to me.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I go through phases. Currently a fairly typical day:

3 eggs, can of tuna
    8oz meat and a sweet potato
    more meat, potato and some veggies

In the summer I'm more interested in salads, especially when there are fresh, homegrown tomatoes. I like my salads to be a reverse of the usual where the goodies are the main event and the lettuce is an afterthought.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast