Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you eat when you're sick? page

Spheni is offline Member

What do you eat when you're sick?

Hey all,

I'm relatively new to Primal and I was curious what is your go to when you're sick? Back in the SAD days I'd do rice, rice and more rice. I'm fighting a bug and this is the first time since going Primal that I can't stomach meat (almost threw up on my usual breakfast but I got it down anyway), or really much of anything for that matter. I did manage some nuts, fruit and dairy.

If you are sick and your appetite is gone do you just skip eating anything?

Thanks for the info!

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Fasting can work, but running low on electrolytes and vitC will add to the stress so I'd do some bone stock with vegetables and salt. A full day without protein is bad too so maybe some eggs, yogurt, or ricotta.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

gergirl Guest
    depends on what i suffer from...
    If my stomach isn't fine, COOKED oats do well, toasted bread. Everything light to digest, nothing sour (meat is sour for the body). Otherwise I eat everything my appetite and body tell me to, because I think the they know what is needed to fight against the disease.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Brothy soup; I usually do chicken because it's easy but any meat would probably do. The lots of good broth and well cooked, easy to digest bits.

jasperb is online now Member
    Not relevant perhaps, but I find that green tea helps with nausea.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Brothy soup; I usually do chicken because it's easy but any meat would probably do. The lots of good broth and well cooked, easy to digest bits.
    ^This.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

What do you eat when you're sick?

Rice is just fine. Starches are easy on your body and gives it fast energy to recover.

I eat whatever I crave when I am sick. This usually means fruits, starches, bone broth. For all of my meat eating tendencies I hate meat when I am sick. I hate cheese and other fatty stuff as well. I just want carbs, minimally prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    All rice here, unless I totally lose it and go back to my comfort food of origin, Kraft Original Mac & Cheese.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Ground beef and rice (when I'm sick is the only time I pour off the fat after I've browned the beef). Bone broth. Room temp water with a slice or squeeze of lemon.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I agree with turquoise..eat what you want. I rarely get sick, but if I do, white rice with soy sauce (coconut aminos now) and butter is what I crave. Or really cold fruit.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast