Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of protein drives overeating. page 6

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Pebbles, thank you for your advice. Though I don't post to your journal very often, I have been following your recent success, and to say you are an inspiration would be an understatement to say the least.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    This may just be unique to me, but doing high protein spread throughout the day did not stop the binge issue. The first day I front loaded protein at breakfast was the day the binging stopped.
    Great data point. Thanks for sharing your experience.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I try and front-load the protein and also keep it high all the rest of the day. I'm trying to build some muscle and strength. So far I'm progressing ever so slightly on my weight lifting. I managed to press 62.5lbs 4 times last time. The time before that, only 3. Maybe this week I'll finally get 5. A woman can dream the impossible, right?

I might have better luck drawing a pentagram on the floor with goat yogurt (that's both high protein and filtered blood, right?) and make sure I eat 3x a day but never closer than 5 hours between meals but oh, make sure to eat within 15 minutes of waking, even if it takes 15 minutes to make your breakfast, and make sure to go to bed at sundown even if that means your last meal has to happen in your sleep oh and in the mean time, make sure to learn how to read and comprehend sentences that start on one topic, end on another and somewhere in the middle forget some crucial verbs or other structures that might make any sense.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yes the rules of JK are quite specific.
    Funny thing, I eat an hour after I get up and it still works for me.

Oh and don't forget that you need to sit in a frigid bath.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    I only eat once a day, so loading order doesn't really matter.

On the Leptin reset thing though, I did read through the entire thread and others and nowhere did I actually find anyone who reported Leptin levels, so wondered what the point of the whole process was if you didn't know where you started or finished and what impact there was on Leptin levels were. Did I miss something in the thread?

My partner and her mother have tested their Leptin levels and both are high, so we are monitoring anually as we address improvements in their diet, lifestyle etc.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I can't eat within an hour of waking up because I have to take my thyroid meds on an empty stomach and not eat for an hour afterward. My breakfast is usually about 2 hours after I wake up (sometimes longer if I'm not hungry yet), and although I don't get as high as 50g of protein at breakfast, what I have first thing is nearly all protein.

I have found, though, that if I don't get enough protein in the two or three meals I eat during the day, I'm wandering around in the kitchen after dinner looking for something to eat even if I'm not hungry. That doesn't happen much any more, now that I've figured out what it means.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Pebbles, can you give us an example of a typical breakfast?

Hubby is having trouble losing belly fat and he tends to snack after dinner. I think protein for breakfast may help. He was just having a large coffee with 1/2 & 1/2, but now he's having coffee with low fat milk and gelatin. He doesn't like to cook in the morning (and I am a bad wife, I don't get up and make him breakfast since leaves for work around 6 am) so protein needs to be simple. I bought him 1% cottage cheese and I'm going to make him egg and sausage muffins in advance.

If anyone else has easy ideas for breakfast protein feel free to chime in. BTW leftovers don't really work because that's what he takes for lunch.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post

Hubby is having trouble losing belly fat and he tends to snack after dinner. I think protein for breakfast may help. He was just having a large coffee with 1/2 & 1/2, but now he's having coffee with low fat milk and gelatin. He doesn't like to cook in the morning (and I am a bad wife, I don't get up and make him breakfast since leaves for work around 6 am) so protein needs to be simple. I bought him 1% cottage cheese and I'm going to make him egg and sausage muffins in advance.

If anyone else has easy ideas for breakfast protein feel free to chime in. BTW leftovers don't really work because that's what he takes for lunch.
    For getting a high protein breakfast, making food in advance (like your egg and sausage muffins) and heating it up or just eating it cold is a good idea. Stuff that doesn't require much preparation like yogurt, cottage cheese, whey shakes, and milk also work. I've even eaten cans of tuna or sardines for breakfast before if I was in a hurry.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    If I swing too much the other way (too MUCH protein), I start to crave things massively to balance things out.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Lack of protein drives overeating.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post

Have a smoothie. Egg white or eggs or whey, fruit, gelatin. Easy.

Hardboiled eggs.

Low fat keifir, yogurt, etc. Cottage cheese with fruit is yum too.

Slices of frittata. (Casserole style).

Just keep cold cuts of meat (brisket, etc) in the fridge.

Also... Can't he cook? ...I am confused. O_o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast