Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Lululemon page

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member

Oh Lululemon

Primal Fuel
    Daily Kos: The Co-Founder of Lululemon is a Downward Facing Dog

Making fitness wear that won't accommodate larger thighs seems really fucking dumb. Isn't the point of yoga pants to show off well developed butts and glutes?

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Cavewizard is offline Member
    I don't see a problem here. He's running a business and has determined that sizes 0-12 will give him the most profit. Higher sizes would require redesigning the pants to fit a different shape, changes in production, more material, etc. He simply stated his line doesn't work for women larger than that. He's not being mean, its just how it is. Anyone is free to sell plus-sized yoga pants. If you see profit there, go for it, or just buy from one of the many other companies selling them.
    Starting DL: 135 Now: 380
    Starting Bench: 115 Now: 255
    Goal: Get stronger.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavewizard View Post
    I don't see a problem here. He's running a business and has determined that sizes 0-12 will give him the most profit. Higher sizes would require redesigning the pants to fit a different shape, changes in production, more material, etc. He simply stated his line doesn't work for women larger than that. He's not being mean, its just how it is. Anyone is free to sell plus-sized yoga pants. If you see profit there, go for it, or just buy from one of the many other companies selling them.
    Oh, yeah, I agree, they can sell what they want to who they want, and I think not having plus sizes may have helped them be more exclusive for a while. The problem now is that the pants are made of a material so crappy that they don't even work for the 0-12 set. His excuse that they have larger thighs is laughable. Very few women want see thru pants and saying "hey, lady into fitness, your pants would be just fine if your ass was not so big" is not a great marketing ploy.

There are stretch fabrics that can hold up to heavy use.

Not sure if they are publically traded, but I'd dump my stock now.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Yep, I think it sounds Mr. Wilson is just using a snarky excuse for his low quality goods. If you're paying $100 bucks for pants that fit on your body, they should not become transparent no matter which way you bend or stretch. Especially since they are supposedly designed to be worn while working out (which usually involves bending and stretching... especially when that workout is yoga) :-P

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Yep, I think it sounds Mr. Wilson is just using a snarky excuse for his low quality goods. If you're paying $100 bucks for pants that fit on your body, they should not become transparent no matter which way you bend or stretch. Especially since they are supposedly designed to be worn while working out (which usually involves bending and stretching... especially when that workout is yoga) :-P
    Exactly, he's just pissed because someone called him on selling poor quality goods at a price point where others are selling real work out clothes.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    As for the pilling elsewhere, not between the thighs...he says those women are wearing their seat belts and purses wrong. See? Still not his fault.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Lots of executives and owners hurt their businesses by publicly voicing repugnant positions that their business is built around. Those people live in a bubble of their own making. I think there should be a special Darwin award for businesses like this.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I'm a size 6 and can't wear yoga pants.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I am a size 4 and I don't wear yoga pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I am a size 4 and I don't wear yoga pants.
    This saddens me.

Sent via lightsaber

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast