Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coffee withdrawal WTF page

biko is offline Senior Member

Coffee withdrawal WTF

Primal Fuel
    Quit cold turkey.
    The headaches lasted a couple of days, but...

My legs are stiff and achin' like a #$^@#$^% for like 5 days now already.

Why is this?
    How long can this last?

Thanks.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Is it possibly unrelated? Are you drinking water or other fluids in equal volume to the amount of coffee you were drinking?

Vega is offline Member
    If you were a heavy caffeine user, you can have symptoms for as much as a couple of weeks. I quit like that once and felt like I had the flu for the entire first week.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Hey, just quit coffee last week, my trick was to use SLD... a couple of months ago when me and other ladies were doing SLD (Shangri-La) 1T oil drinking in the morning first thing then waiting for an hour before having anything else apart from water, we noticed we no longer desired that cup of coffee ... so I used the same trick this time, had 1T of oil for a few days then when I quit the coffee it was fine, no headaches, but in the afternoons I was super sleepy... but its all fine now.

I had to drink decaf cnow uz its getting really cold here and I need a hot drink.

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it takes a little while.

I quit over the summer. Switched to decaf.

I was determined to do good in my workouts without it. It's taking some time. I'm hoping I can still get as strong as I was without it. I'm going to keep on going until I do.

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it takes a little while.

I quit over the summer. Switched to decaf.

I was determined to do good in my workouts without it. It's taking some time. I'm hoping I can still get as strong as I was without it. I'm going to keep on going until I do.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    My guess would be not enough fluid intake now, or your electrolytes are off-balance. Not sure what effect coffee would have on that, but try some magnesium.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks.
    Yeah, I need to drink more water for sure!

TheNewMe is offline Member
    I haven't actually read the book, but I read a lot of reviews for Caffeine Blues on Amazon. From what I gathered, withdrawal can last up to 2-3 weeks for some people. Then, after about 6-8 weeks, we are supposed to feel so much better and energetic. ...I am still waiting for that part to kick in... (it's been 3.5 months for me). I DO feel a lot better, and now I have gotten to where I am even noticing the effect decaf has on me (not good) and I am ready to try to cut it out, also. I feel much more relaxed... can't say I feel more energetic. At all. Anyway, just wanted to share I found a lot of good info just in the book reviews. Good luck!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewMe View Post
    I haven't actually read the book, but I read a lot of reviews for Caffeine Blues on Amazon. From what I gathered, withdrawal can last up to 2-3 weeks for some people. Then, after about 6-8 weeks, we are supposed to feel so much better and energetic. ...I am still waiting for that part to kick in... (it's been 3.5 months for me). I DO feel a lot better, and now I have gotten to where I am even noticing the effect decaf has on me (not good) and I am ready to try to cut it out, also. I feel much more relaxed... can't say I feel more energetic. At all. Anyway, just wanted to share I found a lot of good info just in the book reviews. Good luck!
    Thanks.
    Yeah I recall feeling more relaxed being off coffee, but then I started having just one cup, of course that became two, three, four...
    This was before I quit wheat.
    After quitting wheat I felt more relaxed even on coffee but lately it seems coffee gets me nervous, anxious, whatever.
    So time to quit.
    Hopefully it will also improve my IBS crap.

Can you still eat chocolate and drink tea?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast