Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coffee withdrawal WTF page 2

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    The only difference I feel now is that I don't feel like a zombie until I have my coffee, I can get up and get on with my day without any need for any drinks, sometimes i have hot water cup, or decaf to warm me up, but if its the summer don't think I'd miss it.... and yes ofcourse having a coffee before a workout was so good, but hey am not a workout nut anyway.

Apart from that no difference really, no change to health or weight, but I quit it to experiment.

TheNewMe is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biko View Post
    Thanks.
    Yeah I recall feeling more relaxed being off coffee, but then I started having just one cup, of course that became two, three, four...
    This was before I quit wheat.
    After quitting wheat I felt more relaxed even on coffee but lately it seems coffee gets me nervous, anxious, whatever.
    So time to quit.
    Hopefully it will also improve my IBS crap.

Can you still eat chocolate and drink tea?
    I can so relate to your "just one cup"... It always turns into more. It happens slowly, so slowly that we don't even realize we are doing it. I am also recovering from nicotine addiction, so this applies to that also.

My son, who is now 12 -- his anxiety and "nervous stomach" has pretty much DISAPPEARED since we started Paleo. Even lately, when I have let everyone's nutrition slide a bit more due to my own issues, we have remained gluten-free and I still see no sign of anxiety in him like we used to, whatsoever. It is truly remarkable. This wasn't something we were expecting or even hoping for when we started Paleo, it was one of those things we thought of later, like "wow... his anxiety has been pretty much gone..." Lightbulb moment. Pretty awesome.

Mine comes and goes. I still get nervous in certain situations, but it's not anything like it used to be when I was all jacked up on nicotine and caffeine. My stomach is not a mess all the time as it used to be.

Sadly, I had started eating more and more 85-90% dark chocolate since Paleo, and NO -- it had to go. Even a small amount gives me heart palpitations (and honestly makes me feel pretty bitchy)... and unfortunately if I am in just the wrong mood, I am prone to eat an entire bar in one sitting. After doing this and feeling like I was going to die a couple of times, I managed to break myself of that one, too!

I haven't experimented much with caffeinated tea. Funny you asked, because I JUST had a cup of black "chai spice" tea this morning instead of my usual decaf. There is NO doubt I feel much happier, whether it is from the caffeine in the tea, or the fact that something about the decaf was making me feel pretty crappy, or a combination of the two. I have even been buying the organic, swiss-water processed decaf so no chemicals -- but there is something about it that just doesn't do good things for me. I've tried to deny it long enough. lol Time for me to explore other options! I even ordered some Teeccino from Amazon, which hasn't arrived yet. It is not 100% gluten-free, but I want to see how I feel with it. I like the idea of being able to keep my "brewing ritual", and still have my hot beverage, but with NO caffeine and supposedly lots of things that are supposed to be good for you. Supposed to help with acid/alkaline balance, etc.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Hey, just quit coffee last week, my trick was to use SLD...
    My latent dyslexia kicked in and I mis-read this. I was impressed by your approach.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    very funny Delta

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12