Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 Days Grain Free - some questions page

aussielady954 is offline Junior Member

6 Days Grain Free - some questions

Primal Fuel
    I haven't posted for a while, after I had a hair mineral anlaysis done in May of this year, I was focussing on rest to try and restore my adrenal glands, yet rest alone not doing that much.
    so, have increased exercise to adress weakness in other glands. I have a feeling the pancreas is where the main weakness lies and I read in Mark's book, this can then effect thyroid, and adrenals.
    I am now Day 6 of being completely grain free, am wanting to do it for 30 days and then see how I feel, but I realise it will take longer to get balance and strength in inernal organs.
    I still am doing coffee enema every morning as can't have normal bowel motions, sometimes I just use a glycerine suppositary, just no energy - and this could be adrenals. as need hormones for muscle tone in large intestine.
    My hair analysis showed mineral imbalances, nutrient deficiencies, too much copper (probably in the liver), too much mercury/aluminium.
    just wondering if others have this issue, and if so, how long did it take to get everything improved, ie glands working better. Do you think a menstrual cycle can come back again, if I keep up the animal proteins and vegetables, fats.
    I tried before but always caved in and wanted rice. I feel grains just ferment inside, and made me feel sleepy or depressed. My hair analysis showed I am a 'slow oxidizer' - I think this is slow metabolism in my cells.
    Am exercising three times a day, but feel I need maybe one rest day, not sure yet.
    I still need to build muscle as this disappeared slowly over the last few years. I am now 51 years old

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Rice isn't harmful so I see no reason to deprive yourself of it.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    But there are better foods to eat for someone who needs building up in so many areas of lack.

Aussie lady, best wishes on your journey to health. Have you incorporated bone broth, it's very nutritious.

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Unless most of your exercise is walking it is to much. Lift heavy things 2 or 3 times a week, not day, and sprint once a week. Have the day's in between of and just walk a bit, not miles and miles. Exercise, except the walking, should last approx half am hour and be intensive.
    Search marks blog.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Up your magnesium, stop doing coffee enemas... your poop chute is a chute not a bi-directional transit tube.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Also, you can take some chewable Vitamin C. When this (rarely) happens to me, I chew 1000 mg an hour until something happens. I would not recommend that you chew more than 10,000 mg per day. If you need that much, you should only do that occasionally at most. We take 800 mg magnesium and 1000 mg Vit. C dailly.

Alpha lipoic acid will help you detox metals. Do not take acetaminophen as it inhibits glutathione which is one of the body's natural detox mechanisms. Fish/seafood, high fructose corn syrup and traditional flu shots are some sources of mercury. The bigger and older the fish, the more mercury. Sardines and wild sockeye salmon are the only seafood I see recommended anymore. If you take fish oil supplements, try Nordic Naturals brand. Drink lots of good water. Do you drink coffee in the a.m.?

Are you possibly in menopause? I have read that 12 months without a period indicates menopause.
    Last edited by MsSmith; 11-08-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    Up your magnesium, stop doing coffee enemas... your poop chute is a chute not a bi-directional transit tube.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSmith View Post
    Also, you can take some Vitamin C. When this (rarely) happens to me, I chew 1000 mg an hour until something happens. I would not recommend that you chew more than 10,000 mg per day. If you need that much, you should only do that occasionally at most. We take 800 mg magnesium and 1000 mg Vit. C dailly.

Alpha lipoic acid will help you detox metals. Do not take acetaminophen as it inhibits glutathione which is one of the body's natural detox mechanisms. Fish/seafood, high fructose corn syrup and traditional flu shots are some sources of mercury. The bigger and older the fish, the more mercury. Sardines and wild sockeye salmon are the only seafood I see recommended anymore. If you take fish oil supplements, try Nordic Naturals brand. Drink lots of good water. Do you drink coffee in the a.m.?

Are you possibly in menopause? I have read that 12 months without a period indicates menopause.
    Good tips here.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Kwaggz is offline Senior Member
    question: you don't have the energy to use the bathroom, but you have the energy to exercise 3 times a day?! Definitely take magnesium, maybe do some yoga stretching/bending/twisting, I find that helps after awhile.

A person can be energetic and constipated at the same time.
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Good tips here.
    Thanks.
    48 - 5'7.5"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast