Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 Days Grain Free - some questions page 2

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    PS: Consuming coconut oil may also be helpful.

For those in the US, this is a delicious coconut product: Hail Merry Raw Vegan Gluten-Free Snacks

Hail Merry | Food Philosophy
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSmith View Post
    Also, you can take some Vitamin C. When this (rarely) happens to me, I chew 1000 mg an hour until something happens. I would not recommend that you chew more than 10,000 mg per day. .
    I would be careful chewing vitamin C - it is very acidic and can eat the enamel on your teeth and cause dental issues. Ask me how I know. If this is just an occasional thing, likely no issue but I wouldn't make a habit of it.
    I am not suggesting you not take Vit C but maybe better off not to chew it.

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    I meant chewable Vit. C. I edited my original post. Thanks!
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

aussielady954 is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone - I thank you for your comments/suggestions. I agree, you can find energy to get things done, and be constipated at the same time. I actually believe it is more to do with sluggish liver function / toxicity, too much heat in liver over a long period of time, means less energy for other glands like adrenals, kidneys, pancreas, etc. Metaphysical and emotional component I'm now sure.
    I don't drink coffee in morning - no coffee at all for me, I go for green tea or my 'wise water'/herbal tea kept warm in thermas flask as per Nancy Lonsdorf's tips in her book, 'The Ageless Woman'. Coffee enema helping a lot, also supports liver function. I will decrease them when the time is right.
    Yes, I did get some vitamin C, and magnesium, however my hair analysis shows good levels of calcium and magnesium in my cells, it is other minerals ie iron, trace minerals, k and na not getting into cells properly, stress causes major problems in body. I also take ashwaganda, Indian bala root, shatavari root powder, Anantamool (Indian sarsaparalla), some marshmallow root in my wise water. I sometimes forget as don't like large amounts of supplements.
    I agree about the exercise, I was doing too much, I actually do better with gentle slow walking, and yes I've been doing yoga for quite some time now, plus after a visit to a ayurvedic practitioner this year, I now do yoga mudra and pranayama exercises which works with the chi/prana, moving it up and down the glands/chakras.
    thanks for talking about mercury, I've only eaten mostly sardines or low fat white fish recently, salmon on occasion, but tuna only once in the last 8 yrs or so. Mercury also from dental fillings, may get one or two removed next year. When eliminative organs get weak, then toxins do accumulate in cells, which is why I'm trying so hard to change/improve things, so I don't end up dementia or worse! Have done fasting in past, may do another one or two soon!
    I've experimented a lot with my meals/diet: what works best for me now is stewed apple or pear with prunes/fig with spices followed by a grain cooked in water with spices, maybe a date or two; some almonds and pine nuts (high in vit E too)
    lunch: basmati rice, steamed or stir fried veg, with fish or poultry or bean of some type;
    pm snack: fresh sweet juicy fruit: eg papaya, berries, green melon, dark purple/red grapes with some small low fat seeds - green pumpkin seeds I like best. nuts sometimes if liver working ok.
    dinner: is light - a daal soup with veg in it, spices/seeds sauteed in ghee; I use high protein daal like split mung beans, split urad daal, red lentils or toor daal. It works well, due to phyto-estrogens, fibre, spices and a moist meal which keeps liver and insides moist. Wake up feeling good when I have daal soup - asparagus, green beans, spinach best at night - low starch.
    I try and make a fresh raw juice most days around 11am if I am home - just before pitta time - 10am to 2pm: carrot, beet, fresh tumeric, apple, celery. works best at this time.
    I'll keep in touch. Anyone who has young daughters, please teach them how to deal or express with the emotions of anger/frustration/resentment (which constricts/chokes up the liver in some people) so that they don't end up with cysts on their liver and laying on the bathroom floor for over 2 yrs giving themselves coffee enemas just to get bodily wastes out. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I will improve one day and get my liver strong and healthy, other organs will improve too.

Yes, I have had some coconut oil, I like it, however my liver doesn't for the time being as all satur fats slow down liver function, even a little dark choc last week had terrible effects. Plus it is tropical and am sensitive to trop foods.

I decided to keep some of the grains in meals at present, such as whole grain rice, white rice, and others like millet and barley that are recommended for chronic hypoglycaemia - cooked in water and eaten in a balanced way & chewed well, ie with vegetables and some beans. I'm not worried about my thyroid and millet, as I eat sea vegetables, or kelp powder and pay attention to strengthening whole neuro-endocrine system via yoga/walking/enough rest/sleep. Millet good for the liver, a nice yang gluten free grain, nice if dry toasted before cooking.
    also, beans fine so long as prepared well, ie soaked well, cooked with a little kombu as I did this morning in adzuki beans. These wonderful beans so good for kidney and adrenal energy, which I could feel this morning.
    I respect others here who do well on primal or paleo, however some of us respond better to whole foods in strenghening up middle organs / glands.... wonderful chick peas, adzuki beans, and some grains - need complex carbohydrates for steady energy and stable blood sugar. I won't eat grains in the way I used to, or how most other are eating them - in dried out unhealthy way which promotes disease and inflammation.
    Macrobiotic healers/writers know what works too, and I personally found it very hard when I was trying to eat eggs for breakfast, or chicken due to effect on pancreas, or the bone broth due to the fat and unbalanced energy ie too yang - which can then cause cravings for yin foods like fruit, and I can't continue on that see saw. Need to avoid extra fats/oils incl ghee and coconut oil. Great to cook vegetables nishime style in water and own juices, yum!! There is enough oil/fat in whole foods anyway including vegetables, grains. I say good buy to butter/ghee too, and feel better now. No need for olive oil either, olives are a fruit, not necessary. I sometimes may use some sesame oil for stir frying, but intend to do without the fat/oil which had a terrible effect on pancreas and the symptoms, that included dark chocolate.
    I respect others, and enjoyed reading parts of Mark's book before I had to return it to the library. I will however, do more as regards to exercise, so will keep checking this wonderful site - Mark and his wife are an inspiration, I already have been doing the Grok hang, without even being aware of it, will do squats this weekend and a sprint! regards to all.

SalubriousU is offline Senior Member
    Exercising 3x/day is too much, even for people without adrenal problems. It sounds like you'd do much better with lots food and rest, not hard work which is taxing to the adrenals.
    Salube Up! - SalubriousU

thanks for the comment SalubriosU, Lots of food not really working due to weak pancreas/liver function, mostly raw or semi raw veg working better, moist diet, some fruit, nuts /seeds good. Am resting as much as possible, as not enough sleep at night most of the time or poor quality sleep. Am making raw blended soup tonight with some mushrooms as well. Cooked Indian style daal soup last night, just did not work, no appetite and no energy after... but raw works as flavours great and no need for salt or spices sauteed in ghee! Pancreas likes mostly raw, possibly due to enzymes and is more of a live foods diet. Will try raw fish dish tomorrow, put some deep sea perch fish in lime juice for about 8 mins, and then add fresh coriander(cilentro), green chilli and spring (green) onions. Some basmati rice and stir-fried vegetables, and I am very happy, salad to start as is summer here.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Have you tried taking digestive supplements? Cooked foods are usually easier to digest because the food is partially broken down from the heating. We don't have the enzymes necessary to process raw foods optimally.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12