Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off the wagon page

kandygurl2 is offline Junior Member

Off the wagon

Primal Fuel
    I was talking care of my mom and she was in the hospital for a little while. Hospital food is not primal so I stopped primal. Well that was last week and I'm finding hard to start again. I think it is the ease of not watching what I put in my mouth and the Halloween candy.

I ant to start again but lack motivation. Not even working out. Any ideas to help me get over the hump? Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Do you want to be awesome, and in charge of your life and health, or a sadsack who just stuffs whatever food down your throat because "it's haa-aard"? Whichever one you want more, you'll do.

Sorry 'bout your mom.

Sent via lightsaber

Billy9Miles is offline Junior Member
    Kandygurl--start with simply going for a walk--that's what I do when I've lost some motivation--it helps quell the appetite as well as making you feel better physically. Once you feel a little better it will be much easier to get the diet back on track. My two cents.

hope your Mom is feeling better.

Billy9Miles is offline Junior Member
    P.S.--Don't feel guilty--we all fall off the wagon from time to time--start fresh today

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Get thee to the best butcher in town, even if it's only Whole Foods. Buy a stupidly expensive grass fed steak. Prepare it a la Alton Brown's instructions (adjusting for any of his missteps as to oil/fat). Put a big honkin' hunk of grass fed butter on it before you eat it. Compare that to hospital food and Halloween candy. You're back.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

SalubriousU is offline Senior Member
    Cut yourself a break! You're going through a tough time and that's very stressful. Sorry to hear about your mom. Forcing yourself into a diet (read: "lifestyle") or exercise program when the motivation and drive isn't there is not only adding additional stress, but is unlikely to last. If and when you really feel motivated to do some exercising or go primal or whatever, go for it
    Salube Up! - SalubriousU

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    These situations are interesting. Why is eating well hard? You gotta take a look at what you actually believe about eating good food. I look at eating paleo/primal food as loving myself. Caring for my needs. Giving myself high quality grass fed steak and eggs with organic fresh produce is like a gourmet meals everyday! So what if you don't shuv some toxic crap with red dye and other unspeakables in your pie hole..... those things really taste terrible anyhow.

Thats my reality. If you aren't brain washed by TV ads and other marketing to convince you that colorful piece of styrofoam is food its your reality too.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    These situations are interesting. Why is eating well hard? You gotta take a look at what you actually believe about eating good food. I look at eating paleo/primal food as loving myself. Caring for my needs. Giving myself high quality grass fed steak and eggs with organic fresh produce is like a gourmet meals everyday! So what if you don't shuv some toxic crap with red dye and other unspeakables in your pie hole..... those things really taste terrible anyhow.

Thats my reality. If you aren't brain washed by TV ads and other marketing to convince you that colorful piece of styrofoam is food its your reality too.
    Very wise.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

skotcharu is offline Senior Member
    Close the door on your past behavior. Shut it and look in the mirror. Stare at yourself and commit to changing your life. It's then you will know if you'll change. Or not. I'm rooting for you!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Welcome back. The lack of planning is going to catch you out a few times until you really get the habits instilled. This was a totally understandable glitch, so don't give up. Your health is worth it. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast