Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Girls as young as 9 going through puberty???? page 5

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
    not if they are fraternal twins. if they are fraternal, they are no 'different' than my sisters and i. we all started at different times. now if they are identical twins, then yeah…that is interesting indeed.
    My girls are fraternal twins.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Julia, not to worry. My mom was the consummate drama queen about everything except menopause. Basically one day she said, "Is it hot in here?" and that was it. LOL. Mine was a little rougher, but certainly not a trauma. So, if your mom's was easy, yours might very well be a breeze. Enjoy the Red Death while you can.
    Well THANKS Joanie!

Ha, ha, ha, no one said my mother's was easy, and if I didn't know better, I'd say she was
    still going through it at 71. Bwahahahahaha!

Naw, not really, but man that woman feels so entitled about EVERYTHING. And it's just not
    Old Person Entitlement. She's allllllways been like that. All 98lbs of her.

Enjoy Red Death? ENJOY IT?!?!?!? At least I could use it as a "PHEW! NOT PREGNANT! THANK GOD!"
    when I gave 26 shits about going to the boneyard, but now I don't and it's a complete and utter
    disgusting nuisance that needs to stop STAT.

That's it. I'm taking my uterus out THIS INSTANT.

Hope I can find my "nook and cranny" slim vacuum cleaner attachment.....

If you don't hear from me in 3hrs, I've just plain bled to death.... alone.

~Anonymous

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    For people who want to discount the role of endocrine disrupters in favor of fatness (and I don't know the percentages, but like many things BSed over, there is probably some actual science out there on the topic), I would point out the steady decreasing of the anogential gap in boys (the distance between the genitals and the anus). This is at birth, so no confounding of the child's fat here (though tis true there is a relation to mother and maternal grandmother’s fat).
    The anogenital gap is an interesting comment. I don't know what it means though in reality. Does it mean boys are producing less testosterone? Is there anything (as a future father) that I can do know to help with this issue? Do I have anything to do with it and what can my wife do?

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    The anogenital gap is an interesting comment. I don't know what it means though in reality. Does it mean boys are producing less testosterone? Is there anything (as a future father) that I can do know to help with this issue? Do I have anything to do with it and what can my wife do?
    *now

Cavemanclan is offline Junior Member
    I grew up on large cattle ranches in the 70's and 80's. Most ranches then did NOT use the growth hormones for beef that came about in the later 80's and 90's - no one had the money and bred the cattle for desirable traits. Most of the kids on the neighboring ranches were really active and well fed - we all grew much of our own food as it was too far to get to the grocery often - we went 1x per month! Most of my friends and I all started menstruating by 9 or 10. One friend's sister was 14 and her mother worried so that she took her to a doctor - everyone knew in our close knit, albeit far flung community! Of course the girl was fine, but that was our lifestyle in rural NW USA... My daughters (adopted) are 12 and 14 and haven't started yet and they came from the SW and different background

Debdoub is offline Member
    First of all, if a cow is on antibiotics, the milk has to be dumped, so they do not put cows on antibiotics unless they need to be! As a non-farmer in WI, just felt the need to point that out.

My mom, 68, got her period when she was 10 and thin. My sister, 51 and always overweight, got hers at 11; me, 50, and normal weight, got mine at 10, the month after my sister. My sister has gone through menopause but I have not. It is normal that the earlier you get your period, the longer you have it, which sucks when you think about it.

I have two daughters. They are biracial, which should make a difference, as minorities in the U.S. usually start puberty earlier. The first got her period at 13 and the second got hers at 14.5. They drink about 5 gallons of milk a week, although there is no soy in our house, as much as I can control that, anyway. Their dad's side of the family is full of late bloomers.

I throw it mostly on genetics as my girls should have gone through early puberty if you're looking at hormones and other lovely crap in the food supply. I wasn't the least bit primal when they were born 18 and 16 years ago or even the first 12 years of their lives. The late bloomers on their father's side carried the day.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debdoub View Post
    First of all, if a cow is on antibiotics, the milk has to be dumped, so they do not put cows on antibiotics unless they need to be! As a non-farmer in WI, just felt the need to point that out.
    In medical doses yes, in subtherapeutic doses no.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Debdoub is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    In medical doses yes, in subtherapeutic doses no.
    Not sure where you get your information but it is NOT legal to give dairy cows antibiotics just because, and all milk from a cow on antibiotics must be dumped. If it isn't, then the whole load will have to be dumped, because they test on-site and at the processing plant before they handle it. And they test parts per billion, so it would show up.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debdoub View Post
    Not sure where you get your information but it is NOT legal to give dairy cows antibiotics just because, and all milk from a cow on antibiotics must be dumped. If it isn't, then the whole load will have to be dumped, because they test on-site and at the processing plant before they handle it. And they test parts per billion, so it would show up.
    Just because you dump the milk from a set period after administration means nothing. You are still exposing bacteria in the bovine's system to subtherapeutic doses, giving the bacteria the prime opportunity to develop resistence thus mutating. When you give them medicinal doses you drastically reduce this possibility, when you are exposing the bacteria to small doses it's far more likely they'll adapt and survive in worthwhile numbers. We aren't talking humans here, have a few glasses of wine and dump your breast milk so your kid doesn't get alcohol. Yeah sure they cook milk before packaging to sell to humans in most cases in say the United States, there are still cases where this is not always the case though (lots of artisnal cheeses, raw milk is legal in various fashions in various states... something like 29 states on/off farm and a couple of even allow it to be sold in groceries). Bacteria can have all sorts of effects in human from developing as a fetus and on including development of diseases, potentially cancers, hormone levels etc. Doesn't matter if milk is dumped from an exposed cow, especially for the crowd on here that loves to praise raw milk.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    I think the cattle ranch people are romanticizing just a bit. I also grew up on a cattle ranch in the 80s. I will never know the effects of my exposure to RoundUp on my health nor whether it contributed to my mother's death from breast cancer. We were exposed to all sorts of farm chemicals and to products of combustion that people with office jobs manage to stay away from. Unfortunately, now my niece and nephew are growing up on the ranch and still being exposed to Round Up.

Also, ranches just grow up the beef before it goes to the feedlot, so it means nothing to say that antibiotics weren't used on the farm. Even now, people aren't using routine antibiotics at the cow-calf point for beef, there's no reason to. The feedlot is where the antibiotics are used. At the feedlot, when they are put in close quarters and put on corn, that is when you have to give them antibiotics.

And also the "laws" and what really happens... downer cattle and such. My mother was pretty disgusted with the industry and whenever something hit the news about a downer cow and everyone complained about getting a bad imagine my mother would say that the industry was getting exactly what it deserved.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast