Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reasons Not To Fall Off The Primal Bandwagon page 2

Superbeast is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I fell off the wagon a bit this week (Binging on gluten-free mac and cheese, as well as some less-than-midnight-dark chocolate bars) and I've been dragging like MAD! NO MORE.
    Eat like a Beast, feel like a Beast!
    Eat from a huge bag of processed junk... Well... You know.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    bloating.

moodswings.

constipation.

unenjoyment of food.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Reason No. 6*: Non-homemade food tends to taste like crap. (I used to love eating out. Now I sort of dread it -- overpriced, oversalted, oversauced lower-quality meats? Bleh.)

* I'm just making up numbers as I go.
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    Reasons Not To Fall Off The Primal Bandwagon
    Because you are not on a bandwagon, you are on the instinctive path to health and being the way you are supposed to be. To "fall off" would be totally against your instincts.

Somebody posted this on another forum I'm on. Sums up what I was trying to say above I think.

Living according to your own evolution is … simply … natural.
    Last edited by texas.grok; 11-09-2013 at 01:10 AM.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Artemis67 is offline Senior Member
    Waking up with stiff, aching joints, brain fog, and a head full of snot after eating wheat? Totally not worth it.

The massive belly-bloat after drinking beer? Totally not worth it.

The draggy, tired feeling that persists all day after eating grains (including, but not limited to, wheat)? Totally not worth it.

The elevated heart rate and worsening of ADHD symptoms after eating refined carbs? Totally not worth it.

One really great thing, however, that keeps me from "indulging" in a lot of old favorites is that I have clear memories of how they taste, and how they feel in my mouth. So when I look at those foods and imagine taking a bite, I remember what that's like--and what it's like is usually so repulsive I have no trouble refusing it. Turning down leftover Halloween candy was dead easy this year (okay, except for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, but I still did not weaken). Anything from a supermarket bakery? Eew! Deep-fried things? Yuck! If I just stop and recall the taste and mouthfeel, there is zero temptation.

Retaining water and having a hard time getting your underwear back on because your butt is so bloated.

Ok, that might be user-specific, but damn it, it's the truth!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Reason No. 6*: Non-homemade food tends to taste like crap.
    This is becoming more true for me also. I ordered a small baked good recently with my grocery order, and it was very disappointing. I think I might have liked it a lot a couple years ago.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

freedom.please is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrainInABody View Post
    Retaining water and having a hard time getting your underwear back on because your butt is so bloated.

Ok, that might be user-specific, but damn it, it's the truth!
    Hahaha, sadly, yes this happened to me this weekend.... Too much bread and other unmentionable things. Why do our butts get bloated!?

bloated, lazy, unmotivated, craving salad (oh yeah thats a good thing)
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    This is becoming more true for me also. I ordered a small baked good recently with my grocery order, and it was very disappointing. I think I might have liked it a lot a couple years ago.
    Ditto. The only way I 'fall off the wagon' anymore is very fine milk chocolate and stuff from the french bakery that I hardly ever get to. Supermarket crap? So not worth it.

Owen is online now Senior Member
    How about three days wasted because I ate some sourdough bread with a stew and then woke up the next day feeling terrible but still continued to eat crap. It reminded me of when I used to binge eat junk food and with each bite I would be thinking 'this will make me so unhealthy'. I seem to fall off the wagon slightly every two/three months, but its never worth it. Fortunately it never works out well, so I always get back on the wagon quite quickly.

I agree you should only fall off the wagon for something seriously special - so if you're going to eat a cake, actually go to Vienna

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast