Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Squats aren't as effective as we thought! page

Bigdick1 is offline Banned

Squats aren't as effective as we thought!

Do You Want Good Looking Powerful Glutes on Vimeo

Check out this video. Glutes without using the back! See how effective this really is!

quikky is offline Senior Member
    This video has activated my glutes.

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    How can you take something seriously that says right off the bat " How to load your glutes without heavy weights so you can train them daily ".......WTH !!!

For the glutes to look better you are attempting to build up lean muscle to enhance their shape, assuming this guys techniques stimulate growth why would they be worked every day ? If the tissue is fatigued to the point of creating an adaptive response there is no way that it could adapt on a daily basis.

With regards to the stimulation graphs I'm pretty positive that one would show higher stimulation to the quads when doing leg extensions than it would when doing squats.......does this mean you should drop squats in favor of leg extensions ?

Same would be likely comparing deltoid activation during lateral raises compared with over head presses.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    How can you take something seriously that says right off the bat " How to load your glutes without heavy weights so you can train them daily ".......WTH !!!

For the glutes to look better you are attempting to build up lean muscle to enhance their shape, assuming this guys techniques stimulate growth why would they be worked every day ? If the tissue is fatigued to the point of creating an adaptive response there is no way that it could adapt on a daily basis.

With regards to the stimulation graphs I'm pretty positive that one would show higher stimulation to the quads when doing leg extensions than it would when doing squats.......does this mean you should drop squats in favor of leg extensions ?

Same would be likely comparing deltoid activation during lateral raises compared with over head presses.
    Yes, OldSchhool, but do your crazy ideas, which I happen to completely agree with, lead to glute activation? I keep squatting, but my glutes just don't fire.

Joshy is offline Senior Member
    In conclusion, if you do exercises incorrectly they don't work as well...

In all seriousness, you can't take someone who doesn't know how to do an exercise correctly (or is instructor to do it incorrectly) and use them as a "scientific" example for glute activation. If someone knows how to properly brace their spine, the vast majority of the force comes from the hips. There's plenty of (real) research demonstrating this.

Furthermore, the exercise he recommends is simply contracting the glutes in isolation without any resistance. Assuming that because no other muscles are working very hard, this is the most effective exercise -- more effective than, say, a heavy deadlift, is ridiculous. That would be like saying "Okay, now push shoulder forward and down toward your nipple... now you've just contracted the chest!! Make sure not to do pushups or bench press, because then you'll be activating the triceps and the lats and the shoulders!! Do these shoulder crunches every day!"

I am impressed that he made this look relatively scientific, but this is complete garbage.
    Webptrainer.com
    The Latest in Nutrition and Anatomy-Based Personal Training.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Yes, OldSchhool, but do your crazy ideas, which I happen to completely agree with, lead to glute activation? I keep squatting, but my glutes just don't fire.
    I completely get this. The only thing that's gotten my glutes to fire are lunges with a barbell. Noticed a huge improvement as soon as I integrated them into my practice.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I completely get this. The only thing that's gotten my glutes to fire are lunges with a barbell. Noticed a huge improvement as soon as I integrated them into my practice.
    Wait, hold on, did you think I was serious?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Wait, hold on, did you think I was serious?
    Umm. no?

But seriously, my glutes dont fire readily, and I dont feel them firing when I squat. I cant go down to full squat yet though, so that's probably why.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Umm. no?

But seriously, my glutes dont fire readily, and I dont feel them firing when I squat. I cant go down to full squat yet though, so that's probably why.
    Consider this: the glutes' function is hip extension. How is it possible that a person can squat, which requires hip extension, without their glutes firing?

It doesn't matter if you can't feel them firing, this is true of many muscles. This is not indicative of them not working.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I cant go down to full squat yet though, so that's probably why.
    Wait...how do you pee in the woods?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast