Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Kim Absolutely Crushes the Ridiculous Notion of Being "Fat Adapted" page 7

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    And in all fairness to Choco, Meat, eggs, potatoes, dairy is treating me pretty well so far. Making gains in the gym, etc.
    That's awesome. I'm glad to hear that. I know you had some digestive issues in the past, and I truly feel soluble fiber and fermented dairy in the place of insoluble fiber, while possibly unpleasant at first, will in the long run be a big winner. I hope for your continued success!
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Hawkward is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    1.) It is the general consensus on MDA.
    2.) It is in Sisson's pyramid. Added fats are above fruit, dairy and nuts - actual whole foods. Any kind of sugar, even more nutritious ones (honey, maple syrup, molasses, palm sugar) is not mentioned.

No matter how you spin it, it is what it is. The actual straw man here is you're trying to discount the entire post on some kind of technicality that doesn't hold up no matter how you split the hair.
    Nope. I already said that I agree with you that many people are too concerned with carbs and sugar versus fats, so obviously I did not try to discount the entire post. I said that what I disagreed with was your unnecessary attack on Sisson (one can disagree without attacking) as well as attributing a false and exaggerated position to him. You obviously aren't going to be honest enough to own up to it, so I'll quit wasting my time.

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Choco, the problem people have with your posts is probably that you speak for all, when all react differently. For me it IS a cardinal sin to add a teaspoon of sugar to my coffee. I can eat fruit but clean sugar just breaks me down. I'm sorry to say that if I were eating like you promoted, I'd be back in the past with all the nightmares, the insomnia, the chronic tiredness, joint pain, and all the nameless issues that have been stalking me for the better part of my life.

I'm sure it works for you. But it doesn't work for me. By now, those high horses of yours aren't just dead and beaten, but have had every bone in their corpses ground down to bone meal :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkward View Post
    Nope. I already said that I agree with you that many people are too concerned with carbs and sugar versus fats, so obviously I did not try to discount the entire post. I said that what I disagreed with was your unnecessary attack on Sisson (one can disagree without attacking) as well as attributing a false and exaggerated position to him. You obviously aren't going to be honest enough to own up to it, so I'll quit wasting my time.
    That's because I didn't do what you're insinuating I did. I like Sisson. It's your assumption I'm being vitriolic. And it is not unnecessary at all. It is a glaring error that needs to be pointed out over and over and over again so people don't forget.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Hawkward is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I think the general gist of paleo is wonderful. It's the overassumptions about what our ancestors did/didn't eat and the hijacking by people trying to profit from it that burns my ass and leads people astray. "Eat real food, not processed food." That is absolutely beautiful. Fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, eggs, nuts, dairy. Avoid grains, vegetable oils and refined foods. But that includes refined sugars AND fats. A teaspoon of coconut oil to cook your eggs? No problem. A teaspoon of sugar in your coffee? No problem. But when added fats or sugars are making up significant quantities of your calories, and when you have something like the Carbohydrate Curve and the Primal Blueprint Food Pyramid that instills fear of perfectly whole foods (fruit and dairy) while promoting empty calories like refined fats...it does more harm than good.

I'm all about simplification. If I wrote a book on how to eat, it would be 3 pages long with two of them being the front and back covers.

I think Mark Sisson is a good dude, and he definitely revolutionized my way of eating. He's the guy that changed me. But at this point he is obligated to make regular posts and this is becoming an industry for him that forces him to generate too much content and produce irresponsible products like fish oil and protein powder supplements. I think he certainly means well, but by trying to grow his business he is reaching way too far IMO. The Primal Blueprint was better when it was scaled back. But what is superior? A good product that reaches more people or a great product that reaches less? Mark is choosing the former.
    This is a well-reasoned and civil critique. Too bad this one wasn't the first post of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Reindeer View Post
    Choco, the problem people have with your posts is probably that you speak for all, when all react differently. For me it IS a cardinal sin to add a teaspoon of sugar to my coffee. I can eat fruit but clean sugar just breaks me down. I'm sorry to say that if I were eating like you promoted, I'd be back in the past with all the nightmares, the insomnia, the chronic tiredness, joint pain, and all the nameless issues that have been stalking me for the better part of my life.

I'm sure it works for you. But it doesn't work for me. By now, those high horses of yours aren't just dead and beaten, but have had every bone in their corpses ground down to bone meal :P
    I invite you to go back through my post history and find a single line in anything I've written where I've said "everyone," "everybody" or "all" should do any one specific thing. I'm confident you won't find a single occurrence, and I'm equally confident you're making this up in your own mind.

Are you *sure* a 16 calorie teaspoon of sugar in your coffee is going to destroy your health, or are you wildly exaggerating? Are you sure a single apple will keep you up all night, or are you embellishing to make a point? I am not calling you a liar, but I've found so many inconsistencies in what people say they do versus what they actually do it makes my head spin. Remember, we are on a forum where the majority of people consider ice cream, doughnuts, chocolate bars, potato chips, Cheetos and Doritos "carbs" even though they are as high if not higher in fats than carbs. What we think we are addicted to and what we think we react poorly to is often wrong since we tend to take biased, myopic views.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkward View Post
    This is a well-reasoned and civil critique. Too bad this one wasn't the first post of the thread.
    If I wrote like that in my OP's, no one would read the thread and it would be buried quickly. My goal is to get people riled up so they're forced to join the discussion and actually think for themselves. I don't care if it makes me look like a prick. I want you to argue and support your own point. If you have done the research and experimented enough that you have the knowledge and experience to justify what you're doing, you're probably on the right track. If you're one of these people that are entrenched in dogma for really no reason and you can't argue your way out of a paper bag, I'm hoping you'll have a come-to-Jesus moment and a light switch will flip and you'll be motivated to truly experiment and find out what works, not make poor decisions out of fear. Do you understand why I write the way I write now?

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    ChocoTaco (man, what a weird name for this forum...), you should do like a month long "day in the life" kind of thread some time, showing what your diet / exercise life is like.

M.

Prime-Animal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    ChocoTaco (man, what a weird name for this forum...), you should do like a month long "day in the life" kind of thread some time, showing what your diet / exercise life is like.

M.
    I concur.

Call it:

How Choco-Taco works

Or

A month of Choco-Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post

M.
    I would like to, but I'm not militant enough, physically impressive enough and I'll probably do a half-assed job updating everything due to lack of time and my natural forgetfulness. My diet is I bet a lot better than people think it is, and probably more Primal than most people that rail against me to be honest, but it's not perfect enough that I'd want to set the example that everyone can eat like me and be successful. For example, I eat ice cream 4 times a week. The caveat: I lift my ass off, it's all homemade in my ice cream maker and I time it after my workouts only. I'd bet my ice cream is several times more nutritious and healthier than the average American's lunch of a sandwich, a bag of pretzels and a Coke, but I don't want to set the stage that a 45 year old housewife who just started a beginner's gym routine can eat ice cream all the time as long as it's homemade.

I don't want people to be me, I want them to think objectively and find their own path.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast