Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Kim Absolutely Crushes the Ridiculous Notion of Being "Fat Adapted" page 5

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I just feel bad for the horse's family
    The Champagne of Beards

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    By quoting himself that one single sentence and not the entire paragraph as you have, Sweet Leilani, that is his way of backpedaling, spinning and pretending he didn't say the stupid things he always says.
    You'd be the queen. You've said nearly 50% more in 2/3 of the time

If you don't want to read what I have to say, skip the thread.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Sweet Leilani is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post

According to Mark Sisson, refined fats are superior to fruit, dairy, tubers, nuts and chocolate and should make up a larger part of your diet than said real, whole, nutritious foods. Sugars, which are often more healthful than fats, don't even make the list at all.

Do you see this as a problem? I surely do. To promote refined fats - the very definition of empty calories - above fruit, dairy and nuts is ridiculous.
    Okay okay okay... I have the solution...

That middle layer.. the Healthy Fats layer, that doesn't need to be there. That's what's throwing you off, but it can be deleted.

- Animal fats, coconut oil, coconut products are already accounted for in the bottom tier.

- Butter (high fat dairy), Avocado's and olives (fruit) and macadamia's (nuts) are already accounted for in the tier above.

- Olive oil is the only item in that tier which is not already accounted for elsewhere. So I say, olive oil, being a fruit oil be included in the fruit tier

So.. isn't the following okay in order from least to most??

Herbs/Spices/Supplements
    Fruits/Dairy/Starches/Nuts
    Vegetables
    Meat/Fish/Fowl/Eggs

(damn my pissweak photoshop skills )
    I don't believe there is one correct way of eating for everybody, and I don't believe there is one correct way of eating for a person through every stage of their life

Prime-Animal is offline Senior Member
    Very interested read Choco! Thanks for posting. I must admit though, a once a week 24 fast STILL feels good, but maybe it should be a once a month type deal, kind of at the end of a training cycle, or to start a rest week or something.

I do feel as though my libido isn't quite as high as when I having all kinds of carbs. Also (clearly) not nearly as full or powerful aesthetics/ strength wise. Tried the 500 grams of carbs but it was way to much. Gonna lower to ~350 and lower it increase from there.

Honestly, I was really ( no REALLY) scared and worried about chronically elevated insulin (so a high glucose diet) but in healthy active people.. I think its bullshit to restrict carb intake. Athletes need rocket fuel. Glycogen = rocket fuel.

Just curious choco, whats your take on leangains? Is fasting any of sort beneficial?

Is 8-9 hours of sleep enough of a fast? 12? 14?

Hawkward is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Actually, I did not. This is what I said:

That quotation is not prefaced with "Mark Sisson says." What I was referring to is the overall context of the Primal Blueprint, where copious amounts of added fats are okay but the same does not hold true for sugars, even though most sugars (honey, maple syrup, molasses, brown sugar, palm sugar, sucanat) are more nutritious than most fats that are given the green light.

Anyone who has ever made any impact in history would strongly disagree with you. When you try and please everyone, you please no one.
    Here is your full quote:

"Mark Sisson's core concept of The Primal Blueprint is a sound one - eat real, fresh, nutritious whole foods, avoid processed, low-nutrient/high anti-nutrient foods. But then he has to go and muddy the waters with groundless bullshit to create a unique product that he can trademark as his own and sell. On one hand he advocates whole foods, but on the other he advocates added fats. He has this ridiculous and groundless "Carbohydrate Curve" that completely undermines the consumption of real food - you can eat all the meat and eggs you want, but you have to count your fruits. It's a cardinal sin to add a 16 calorie packet of white sugar to your coffee, but it's okay to emulsify half a stick of butter in it."

The entire paragraph is referring to Sisson's approach, but yet you now want to claim that your ridiculous straw man in last sentence isn't referring to that also? Please. At least have the balls to own your statements.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    It's funny the fury in those like J stanton attack those that call out some of the "paleo" woo science.

It must suck having your whole identity tied into a community that has almost as much misinformation and junk science as the raw fruitarian crowd

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I just feel bad for the horse's family
    seeing their loved one's corpse not only beaten but dragged behind a truck down a gravel road

it's heartbreaking, i tell you
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Broken record...
    Broken record...
    Broken record...
    Broken record...
    Broken record...
    Broken record...
    Broken record...

Sent from my iPhone
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Or like me, inability to digest starches aside, you could feel amazing eating high-fat, moderate-protein to high-protein and very low carb with occasional refeeds. Tons of fish, bacon and avocadoes, drowning in rendered fats. Focus on occasionally ingesting liver, and shellfish, cooked greens and lots of herbs so you aren't deficient in anything. Use green tea, ginger and black pepper, etc., for thermogenesis. Do it, while maintaining a healthy body fat percentage and feeling great. just to piss off the "fat is bad" crowd. I love it. Did it for three years!
    Last edited by Knifegill; 11-07-2013 at 01:55 AM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    so knifegill, what you're telling us you've become a land whale by eating all that fat since it's the easiest way to get fat
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast