View Poll Results: What happened when you used "the Natural Method"?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • We were vigilant and we still got pregnant.

1 6.67%
  • We were vigilant and didnt have any "surprises"

10 66.67%
  • We were a bit careless but got away with it.

2 13.33%
  • We were lax and got pregnant.

2 13.33%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Birth control - success & failure stories with the "natural method"? page 2

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I know people are cynical about the natural method, which is why I started the thread. If it works for someone for 3 years, and then they get pregnant, it's still probably 99% effectiveness, right?

I've been fertility charting for a few months now, and it's amazing how well you begin to read your body... Surely your physical symptoms of fertility can be better prevention that some piece of copper inserted inside you?

Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Yeah, my next question to YogaBare was going to be what she thinks of being a mommy.
    Boyfriend: I hate condoms.
    Yoga Bare: Well, I hate abortions.

Fortunately I've never been in the situation of being pregnant because I know that motherhood isnt for me.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Jackson Pollock.
    great minds think alike

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    does any man really need a better excuse to make face babies?
    The amount of times I've had to google things you and RM write...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Make sure you image search that one with all filters turned off.

Sent via lightsaber

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    The amount of times I've had to google things you and RM write...
    you know you love us

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Make sure you image search that one with all filters turned off.
    The yielded result was somewhat disappointing...

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    you know you love us
    Haha. Not as much as my bf is going to love you when I tell him Rich's assertions about the withdrawal method... You guys can probably expect a Christmas ham.

- Ray Peat

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Not as much as my bf is going to love you when I tell him Rich's assertions about the withdrawal method... You guys can probably expect a Christmas ham.
    Well, tell him I'm gonna come over there and beat his ass if he doesn't get it out well ahead of time. I don't want to take the blame for any consequences of an untimely withdrawal. A bone-in ham would be appropriate.
    The Champagne of Beards

quikky is offline Senior Member
    ...because I know that motherhood isnt for me.
    Have you considered sterilization? Seems like a better way to go if you're sure you don't want kids.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    In case of mistakes, keep a Plan B/morning after pill around (it is NOT an abortion, just prevention) and be prepared for the hormonal roller coaster that follows. I hate them (the mood swings for the couple weeks after taking it are awful), but after having needed them for accidents & mess-ups a few times, I'm terribly grateful.

I can be um... clingy. So withdrawal wasn't a safe option for us. You have to be able to withdraw :-P.

The copper IUD works by inflaming the lining of the uterus, making it an inhospitable environment for sperm. If an egg is fertilized, it can't stick to the lining. They're highly effective, but like most forms of birth control that aren't just manual control (what I would consider "natural planning", utilizes no foreign object/substance directly to prevent pregnancy), there are still risks and they can be very bad if you are one of those 1%.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So far so good on the calendar method for a few years now.

M.

EDIT: Nameless, do they actually let you take Plan B home? In my experience around here, you have to take them in the presence of the vendor.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast