Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweat Pants Avenger Strikes Again - Primal Journal page

SPAvenger is offline Senior Member

Sweat Pants Avenger Strikes Again - Primal Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Reason:
    Going through a 6 week elimination diet and was suggested that I follow the primal way in it with a few key modifications. Specifically no eggs, nightshades, cruciferous veg, or dairy... ARG! Wanted side effects: Weight Loss (currently 300 lbs at 5'10" female), strength gain, allergy elimination, the ability to eat without pain, less swelling of ankles, hands, feet, legs, etc. What better way to motivate myself then keeping a journal... that and when I get super frustrated with not being able to eat what I want in the first few weeks I can type it out.

Day 1:

Breakfast: Ground Beef, 3 pieces of bacon, mixed greens

Lunch: Ground Beef, broiled carrots, spinach and sauteed onions in avocado oil

Dinner: A few olives, almonds and an apple

Lesson Day 1: Have more readily available protein on hand!

Thoughts: How the hell am I going to make it through this? 6 weeks, it isnt that hard, anyone can do anything for 6 weeks. Benefits will be huge on health and weight. Just keep going... bread is really not that delicious!

Here goes nothing!

justme is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Looking forward to following your journey!

Sent from my LG-E617G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

calee is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! In May I did 75 days with no eggs, dairy, nightshades, sugar, grains or alcohol. I can tell you that it can pass pretty quickly. I had to really keep supplies on hand so that there was always something I could eat when I got home in the evening.

I hope this brings you all of your desired results. There's really no downside!

Have you checked out the Whole 30 forums? I found a lot of support over there while doing my Whole30.

Good luck!

Justme and Calee- Thank you so much for checking in! Excited to see the results and what the change in diet will result in! Will definitely check out the whole30 website and forums, thanks for the tip!

Starting day two, woke up thirsty... like I wish I slept with a camelback on so I could just down it all kind of thirsty. Thinking I will try to increase my water intake by 32 oz to see if that helps it out, so goal for today is 5 32 oz bottles instead of 4.

By far last night was the biggest struggle food wise. There wasnt any craving for sweets but there certainly was for crunchy salty goodness. Instead I created a dry rub, slathered it on the ribs that we had in the freezer and slow cooked them for three hours... The smell alone satisfied the cravings... and knowing that I need this for my health did as well.

Starting the morning out strong with a weigh in of 298.6! Always happy to see the digital numbers get smaller!!

justme is offline Senior Member
    Way to go on staying strong! I adore my slow cooker.

Sent from my LG-E617G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Day two was interesting, definitely started realizing that my body is craving things but think it is more a mental cravings. Im hopeful that I can start managing my stress better with my body and diet changing.

Breakfast: 2 hamburger patties, 2 pieces of badon, 2 cups of salad

Lunch: ribs, baked apples, and spinach

Dinner: wasn't hungry so did not eat

Thats all for today!

Day three was a success! Starting to feel great about myself with keeping to this. Generally I say I am going to do something and I give it a valiant effort of about 48 hours then I just blow it off at least food wise. But with 72 hours under my belt something truly amazing has happened. My ankles... look like ankles! No longer does it look like I have half a grapefruit grafted to the side of each ankle and when I flex my foot I can see the bones moving! This might not seem like such a huge deal to others but to me it is like the holy grail of amazing. For the last 2 and a half years I have lived with re-occurring swollen ankles, puffy feet and swollen calves. Doctors and naturopaths alike were baffled. But finally they are going back to normal!! I kind of want to cry, my self diagnosed "elephontitus" is disappearing.

Day three:

Bfast and lunch were combined:
    dry rub ribs
    2 roasted carrots
    12 olives

Dinner:
    Half a roasted chicken with rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic
    small green salad sans dressing
    2 wedges of 85% dark chocolate
    1/2 orange

Tomorrow I am heading to my parents house for a bit to go to a friends wedding. I know I can continue down this path I just need to be real to myself. The ankles alone are worth it!

Oh man! What a weekend! Went to visit my parents over the past weekend and completely disconnected while I was away. It was great to be away from the internet, cell phones, pesky things like customer emails at 2 in the morning. And amazingly enough, I was amazing at staying on my elimination diet/paleo/primal way. Was looked at as crazy when I started scooping out coconut oil to make some fried chicken by my dad, but once he took a bite he was sold. My mom throughout the entire weekend was picking off my plate since it was so good!

All in all not to shabby! Still at my parents til Wednesday but back on line so that I can work remotely. Cant wait to see what my 1 week weight is tomorrow and be motivated again by the scale... and my body comp... Thinking that I will be pleasantly surprised.

Food wise I will start back up categorizing what was eaten and how much tomorrow. Right now just happy I stuck to it over the first weekend!

Happy Friday! I am so thankful that the weekend is here, and must say that through the week I have been pretty dang proud of myself. From navigating the landscape of my moms amazing home cooking (I did not even sneak 1 bite the whole 5 days I was home!) to attending a wedding a reception where I asked a ton of question and choose to abstain from the cake... yup, no cake here! These are such huge milestones for me that I am not sure how to explain them. And the part was, I did not want them physically, sure I wanted them mentally but physically the salivary glands did not kick up at all!

The foot swelling did come back a bit and I am not sure what is going on there, but know that it is a process and chalking it up to the fat that is leaving my body releasing the stored toxins that it has going on. I could be in total left field but it sounds good to me so I am going with it.

I will say it was wonderful to go to an event and focus on the friends there not the food there. Realizing more and more how obsessed I was with food and where it would be when I could eat, did I look like I was eating to much? Would I be judged for ordering whatever I did since I was the fat kid at the restaurant. Speaking of restaurants... I went to two different places with booths set into the wall and my stomach did not hit the side of the table... there was a good inch or two! I feel amazing with this news. I cannot even tell you!

Also 10 lbs down today... so from 300 to 290... not a huge jump but big enough that I want to do a victory dance!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast