Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How fat will everyone get? page

Ripped is offline Senior Member

How fat will everyone get?

Shop Now
    Hi folks,
    I just wanted to ask about this one, just for fun.
    I noticed on the forum some people seem to have a fantasy as to how they think things should or shouldn't be in terms of what food will be on the market for example. But reality is, there's nothing you can do about it. In industrialized societies such as the USA people continue to get fatter and sicker as the decades go by.

Sure, people who truly care about their health and are determined to find a way to be healthy, will succeed, but such is getting harder and harder these days with all the junk food being sold and all the misinformation that's put out there. People don't even know what real food is anymore. And it's only going to get worse.

So I have a good question. How bad will it get? And for how long? And how fat will people get? What do you think?

It absolutely disgusts me to admit this as the truth. But it is what it is. Like I said, some will try and succeed, others who are too stupid to care will only get worse, and by a show of hands that's most people.

Peace folks.
    Disgusting!!!
    Last edited by Ripped; 11-05-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    People in general are going to be Wall-E fat in the next 40 years, I bet.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Obesity is good for for the GDP. Just think of all the sectors of the economy that depend on it. It really is quite literally the only growing industry. I don't see it going away anytime soon; it would be bad for business.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    People in general are going to be Wall-E fat in the next 40 years, I bet.
    They already are, several people in my office are circular. FUPA's that weigh more than most people's torsos.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Leida is offline Senior Member
    From what I have seen, on average if a woman doesn't care what she eats, she reaches 200-250 lbs, and a man 250-300 lbs and can live a long life with medial support. Weight beyond that is harder to sustain without perishing.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    Having been fat (obese) I can certainly understand the process of how you get to that point. As long as profit and industry rule the day people will get fat. Maybe the world will get so fat that nobody can fight in wars and we will finally get to a point of world peace. Everyone will be sitting around doing bong hits (do they still call it this? - yeah I'm old) and eating twinkies and nachos. The few in shape people will be ostracized from society and will have to live in the polar cap so they can't prance around naked.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I'd have to agree with Leida. I think we will have a lot of people weighing from 200-300 lbs, but I also think the super obese will grow in numbers. When I ate SAD, I got pretty close to 300lbs while still being fairly active.

However, I don't think we will ever get to a point where people "want" to be fat. I think the big game changer would be an effective weightloss pill of some sort.

The other thing I think will happen is a shrinking of the "middle weight" so to speak. I think you will have more super fit/healthy people and WAY more fat people, and fewer middle sized people. If I was a retailer of women's clothing, I'd anticipate selling more 0/2/4/6 and more 14/16/18/20 and fewer 8/10/12 sizes. It's kind of like wealth, where the middle class erodes. While, yes more and more people eat full on crap, you also have all the very health aware people involved in fitness, yoga, Whole Foods etc. Those people may not following the Primal Blueprint, but for the most part your triathletes, runners, vegans etc. are not becoming obese.

I think some positives will include the overweight and obese continuing to be more active; I think a lot of them "sit it out" due to shame versus laziness.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    There has been some news recently that the obesity trend is starting to reverse itself in the US - c'mon folks keep up ;-)
    Not sure if this is really happening or just a blip before we go on to greater and greater weights.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    However, I don't think we will ever get to a point where people "want" to be fat.
    Do you REALLY think that? Think again.
    Mother's bid to become the fattest human ever at 115 stone... (and she's marrying a chef to help her) | Mail Online
    Here's a quote from the page:
    "Amazingly Parker is supporting Susanne in her controversial goal of becoming the world's heaviest."

Even on this website we have people who's goal is to get fat. I've seen people talking about wanting to bulk up even when they're already heavy and do GOMAD (drink a gallon of milk a day). Perhaps that in of itself isn't exactly a goal to specifically get fat, it's actually the desire to gain muscle. But IMHO it surely comes from twisted thinking. When your goal of building muscle gets in the way of what is good for you or even realistic, it only shows a lack of understanding of the human body. And to anyone who doesn't believe me on this one: I'll just comment on the fact that in the world of competitive powerlifting, I have known PLENTY of light weight guys who are lean, strong, muscular, can lift WAY more than what you'd ever dream of in your life, and they accomplished it without the requirement of turning themselves into fat slobs.

What about sumo wrestlers?

Anyways, it's all disgusting in my eyes. They can do what ever they want. I'm staying thin.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I think the big game changer would be an effective weightloss pill of some sort.
    If they had a magic pill that made people know that being 250 lbs is far from normal, that might help.

If they had a magic pill that made them put the fork down, that might help as well. In reality, some anphetamines have proven to help with that, but at the cost of health risks.

I think in NYC they need a magic pill that makes people opt for water instead of the soft drinks. Apparently the people aren't capable of making wise decisions, so the government had to put a ban on 32 oz soft drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by twa2w View Post
    There has been some news recently that the obesity trend is starting to reverse itself in the US - c'mon folks keep up ;-)
    Not sure if this is really happening or just a blip before we go on to greater and greater weights.
    It could be possible. With today being the information age, FINALLY people have found ways and get together to share information of practical diet advice that actually works. When in a conversation with an 18 year old kid and he asked me how I lost weight and mentioned IF (without me previously mentioning about it), it tells me that something is changing in this world, something good.

Perhaps these days we are finally smartening up and becoming immune to advertisements. At least some of us.

Another factor might have to do with what commonly happens with males. How many males in the past had guys from muscle magazines as their idols, thinking they could get that big without drugs? A LOT!!! And they paid for it by getting fat. Now days everyone knows how widespread steroid use is, and I'm sure as a result there's got to be more guys with realistic expectations percentage wise.

Heck, if I only knew 20 years ago what I know now. I'd still be strong, but I would have gotten there without getting fat, and I would have enjoyed a good decade of leanness instead of a decade of progressively getting fatter. Yuk!!!

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast