Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: How fat will everyone get? page 7

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    There's the little voices in your head that yell: "OMG CAKE!! INDULGENCE!!" and "An apple. But there's cake, and other people are going to eat it, and this is going to be the last chance before it's finished, and.. and.."
    I'm not overweight, nor do I like cake, but I have that conversation with myself about other stuff, like the home-made cookies that I baked with Dad's girlfriend, and stuff. (I ate as many as I wanted, by the way. Without feeling guilty. )
    hahahahahaha!!!!!!
    I do have that conversation as well...
    "have the cake?"
    "it will make you feel bad."
    "But it tastes so good."
    "You'd have to work out longer..."
    "How much longer?"
    "hours!"
    "okay. I'll have a carrot... or an apple..."

(I'm allergic to the gym...)
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, how hard it is to switch that cake for an apple???
    This is what bothers me.... at some point, I think for a lot of people, your body revolts and fat loss takes a lot more than healthy choices. I think all the crap we eat adds up and creates some extreme changes to our body in which all the sudden, the simple solution of a healthy diet isn't the trick anymore. In other words, your fat wants to stick around. I think parents are screwing their kids and when the time comes that the kid wants to or needs to lose weight, things are going to get VERY hard.

I was a rare bird back in my day and looking back thru highschool was just overweight, but back then like I said, rare. Today, I'd be sort of average. It has been a huge effort for me to lose weight. I got away from morbid obesity with a generally healthy diet and a ton of exercise. I got through obesity with about a 90% clean primal diet AND caloric restriction. I'm now working my way through overweight with caloric restriction/IF/Low carb and very intensive exercise. I hope I can pull it off.

What worries me is that as these very obese kids of today reach their 30's and start having health issues due to weight, what if they can't get their with your run of the mill healthy changes? Ignoring/accepting their fat today may be setting them up for something they can not correct down the road. I think after a while, our bodies cling on to fat and that for a life long fat person, weight loss is a different animal for someone who say, put on 40 lbs at pregnancy or after college.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Who told you we evolved on a planet where you couldn't drink the water? Or even that it was full of parasites and whatnot? I lived in the wilderness for 6 months and drank the water unfiltered from creeks, springs and lakes. I purified only when livestock were allowed in the area. I never got sick. I drank water with frogs sitting in it, with fish, with little snails and crawling bugs. If living things are in it, the water is alive and healthy.
    Same people pushing Healthy Whole Grains.

That said, I would not drink the streams around here. I live in the Land Between Two Rivers (St. Mary's, Maryland), and our major rivers (Patuxent and Potomac) are F.I.L.T.H.Y.! Mostly it's crap from VA and PA, as MD's had decades of crackdowns. The smaller streams that feed in I can't speak for. St. Mary's River (which is actually pretty small, maybe 12' across where I usually observe it) appears clear most of the time, though I've been wanting to do water quality tests on it. I used to do a lot of wading in it, until I discovered what feels to be several submerged car frames. Ow.

M.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    They already are, several people in my office are circular. FUPA's that weigh more than most people's torsos.
    I find it funny that 'FUPA' is an anagram for 'PUFA'. The FUPA tends to follow too much PUFA.

I've always called it a "vagomach."
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I will say that it is very frustrating to see the lack of responsibility people take for their health, whether it yields a fat body or not. It's particularly frustrating to see parents allowing their children to get morbidly obese. You live in a bit of a bubble in Southern California. In the south, it is VERY common to see obese to morbidly obese children with parents buying them crap foods. Hell, our schools serve crap. My neighbor's daughter can choose from pizza, pasta or burger and fries. And well, the child is getting fat, despite being very active and she is not at all happy with her weight.
    But who does it help to carry around and express so many negative thoughts about other people for whatever reasons? It hurts mostly you. When it is expressed publicly, it spreads the negativity to others. It's basically not productive to jump on the fat-bashing bandwagon.

Everyone's energy would be better spent to mind their own business and try to make the world a more positive place. Be an inspiration for others. Tell your story of recovery from fat to fit, if you have one. Attract people to want what you have. And if it falls on deaf ears, accept that you can't change everyone and learn to be happy in your own skin.

Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Same people pushing Healthy Whole Grains.

That said, I would not drink the streams around here. I live in the Land Between Two Rivers (St. Mary's, Maryland), and our major rivers (Patuxent and Potomac) are F.I.L.T.H.Y.! Mostly it's crap from VA and PA, as MD's had decades of crackdowns. The smaller streams that feed in I can't speak for. St. Mary's River (which is actually pretty small, maybe 12' across where I usually observe it) appears clear most of the time, though I've been wanting to do water quality tests on it. I used to do a lot of wading in it, until I discovered what feels to be several submerged car frames. Ow.

M.
    Those are polluted waters and that is different from believing even pristine water needs to be treated for "parasites" or whatever phantom boogey-men. This belief of the pollutedness of all natural water is a figment of the imagination of the bottled water industry.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Who told you we evolved on a planet where you couldn't drink the water? Or even that it was full of parasites and whatnot? I lived in the wilderness for 6 months and drank the water unfiltered from creeks, springs and lakes. I purified only when livestock were allowed in the area. I never got sick. I drank water with frogs sitting in it, with fish, with little snails and crawling bugs. If living things are in it, the water is alive and healthy.
    Ok. So I won't die if I drink water that isn't out of a bottle? Ok, just kidding. My mistake. Reminds me of how everyone drank gatoraid on the movie "Idiocracy" and they just thought water was for toilets. Wow, look at how beliefs change over the years.

Now, on the subject of fatness, I get a little tired of these fat-bashing threads. I mean, does it really make you feel better to think the things you do about fat people, to feel the hatred for them? Does it make you feel better to spread your hatred in a public forum where your statements can hurt others? And please spare me the phony concern for their health or the self-righteous outrage at the public expense of it all. These kinds of displays are not about that at all. They're about some primal need to be mean, to hate on other people.
    No to all of the above. I don't hate anyone either.

My grandmother was morbidly obese and so is my best friends mom. I used to be obese. I've lost loved ones due to sicknesses related to obesity. Do I hate myself and all of them? No! But I hate obesity and everything that causes it.

If nobody was allowed to talk freely on the subject matter, that would mean it's perfectly ok to be obese. It isn't. Obesity is a sickness and it isn't ok, because it ruins lives and kills people.

If I made a thread about how and why cancer is increasing, would you tell me that I hate cancer patients?

Why don't you do something more positive, like help people? Look at all Mark Sisson has done for people in their shoes. You will never find him bashing fat people, using words like disgusting or expressing outrage and contempt. His compassion and desire to truly help people is more successful and a more positive force for change than the puny-minded fat bashing around here. Consider what your hatred is doing to you, corrupting you from the inside.
    It isn't my job. I don't have any money to be made from teaching people and helping them. Most people don't want to listen. They don't believe. They only want to believe in easy fixes.

Consider what your hatred is doing to you, corrupting you from the inside. I'd rather be friends with hugely obese people that are helpful than small-minded thin people who feel glee at spreading their hatred.
    Can you please tell me how a hugely obese person is going to help any of us with our goals?

Last time I recall, they only tried to persuade me to eat more pizza and ice cream when I was obese and trying to recover and lose weight.

And when I lost weight from fasting and doing a warrior diet style? All the fat people in the office tried to tell me why it couldn't work because it was going to slow down my metabolism and that's what sumo wrestlers do to get fat.

So how can they help me?

Show me someone who was formerly obese who has a success story and I'll open up my ears. Oh, woops, I remember, that's me! I am a formerly obese person who's gotten rid of the fat and kept it off for life.

I am not a personal trainer. But if someone asks, I will help. Chances are, nobody will listen to me though because I don't have a blog or a book. And that means I couldn't possibly have a clue what I'm talking about. No WAY!!! I'm just a nobody.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    Can you please tell me how a hugely obese person is going to help any of us with our goals?
    Well, let's say you had a goal to get out of debt and manage your money better and the lady at the credit counseling service weighed 500lbs. She could probably help you with your goal.

You sound like a former smoker. Contemptuous toward everyone who smokes now that you don't anymore. You sound like a mean-spirited person. Overall your posts tend to make a lot of assumptions about things that don't appear to be based in reality. You should do a lot more reading and listening and a lot less talking.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

But who does it help to carry around and express so many negative thoughts about other people for whatever reasons? It hurts mostly you. When it is expressed publicly, it spreads the negativity to others. It's basically not productive to jump on the fat-bashing bandwagon.

Everyone's energy would be better spent to mind their own business and try to make the world a more positive place. Be an inspiration for others. Tell your story of recovery from fat to fit, if you have one. Attract people to want what you have. And if it falls on deaf ears, accept that you can't change everyone and learn to be happy in your own skin.
    Hello?
    If you've read every post on this thread you'd realize that some of us, including me and magnolia1973, are formerly obese people with success stories. We aren't just thin people who've always been thin and hate fat people because we're mean. We're people who resent obesity in the USA because we used to be obese ourselves, had our own struggles, and hate to see others who are also fat and sick.

We don't want to see people who are fat and sick. One of the biggest problems in the USA when it comes to obesity is denial. If we can't talk freely and let it be known that there is a problem, then how will people know?

If you want to solve a problem you must be able to identify that problem first. And I don't think it should be a public secret about all this stuff.
    Last edited by Ripped; 11-06-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Well, let's say you had a goal to get out of debt and manage your money better and the lady at the credit counseling service weighed 500lbs. She could probably help you with your goal.
    This is a diet forum.

You sound like a former smoker. Contemptuous toward everyone who smokes now that you don't anymore.
    Why would I want my loved ones to smoke and kill themselves?

You sound like a mean-spirited person.
    Sorry if I come across that way. I'm not. I'm actually a good guy. Just brutally honest.

Overall your posts tend to make a lot of assumptions about things that don't appear to be based in reality. You should do a lot more reading and listening and a lot less talking.
    I used to be obese and now I'm lean and have been for years, something most people fail to accomplish.
    But I guess I don't know what I'm talking about.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You sound like a former smoker. Contemptuous toward everyone who smokes now that you don't anymore. You sound like a mean-spirited person. Overall your posts tend to make a lot of assumptions about things that don't appear to be based in reality. You should do a lot more reading and listening and a lot less talking.
    Good call!!! Oh wait;

Shbikes 7,594 postings since Nov 2011 versus Ripped 432 postings since June 2012, hmmm...

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast