Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: How fat will everyone get? page 4

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I don't think it is denial. One tends to compare everyone else to his or her current situation. Skinnier than me is skinny and fatter than me is fat kind of thing.

At least I do this. I think of myself as average and then I measure everyone else with my stats. I try not to but it is subconscious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    No one particular approach beyond the basic of not eating processed food (which includes commercial pasta and bread, btw, the main culprits in people not losing on LF/HC imo) and eating beyond satiety, has universal success rate.
    But the problem is that conventional wisdom encourages eating whole wheat bread. If we didn't hear about "healthy whole grains" all the time I would agree with you.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    People will definitely get fatter over the years. If everyone was healthy then people would live longer and not need all kinds of prescription drugs. The world today is not created so people can live longer. The economy relies heavily on people being sick. Many jobs will be lost if no one was sick. The problem with today is that the wealth distribution isn't equal. US and Canada especially has more than enough selection of food for people to live yet the government keeps creating some kind of super food or junk that no one needs to eat.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    I guess whats more interesting to me is how societal opinion of overweightness will change. You already have some fat women shaming thin girls saying things like "Real men like women with curves!". Will it get to the point where fat(ter) becomes normal? Where a 30% body fat for women is normal and anything less is underweight?

I think obesity and overweightness is going to plateau over the next few years in America and Western countries.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    There's already a plateau. I'd have to google it, but either in 2011 or 2012, Americans didn't get fatter. The didn't get thinner either.

The whole thing is stupid. Why aren't we worried about getting more moral, ethical, kind? How about some inner strength so we can stop being a nation of sheeple? I'd rather hang with a 300 pounder than some wishy washy person who's been a vegetarian, fruitarian, vegan, paleo, primal in the last five years, all in some misguided "journey" to be thin.

But I really know the answer. Being moral, ethical, and kind actually takes work. Jumping on some diet fad is easy.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    There's already a plateau. I'd have to google it, but either in 2011 or 2012, Americans didn't get fatter. The didn't get thinner either.

The whole thing is stupid. Why aren't we worried about getting more moral, ethical, kind? How about some inner strength so we can stop being a nation of sheeple? I'd rather hang with a 300 pounder than some wishy washy person who's been a vegetarian, fruitarian, vegan, paleo, primal in the last five years, all in some misguided "journey" to be thin.

But I really know the answer. Being moral, ethical, and kind actually takes work. Jumping on some diet fad is easy.
    Well said!!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    I see this in New York as well, specifically Manhattan. I'd say most women, are between 17% - 21% or over weight. You don't see a ton of size 8 women.

I'm not sure how much of it is that race is a factor as poverty is the main factor. In general, there tend to be more non whites living in poverty or near poverty. Poor = live in food deserts, can only buy what is cheap (packed processed crap), no time/education/resources to cook healthy meals, less time for exercise and less access to safe spaces to be active in, etc.
    I get sick of hearing this garbage. It's nothing but an excuse!

In the Philippines the poor people are the thinest because all they can afford is rice, bananas, and small amounts of fish. While many will argue that rice isn't the healthiest food and that may be true, it doesn't make you fat and is also a staple in most bodybuilder diets because it works.

As for the poor people in the USA, they have similar options. Rice is dirt cheap and so is chicken and tuna fish.

So what's the real reason why poor people are fat in the USA? Perhaps the same reason why rich people are. The truth is there isn't many people in the USA who can't afford good food. When I was in college I was living off from $7,000 per year for rent, bills, and food, and I didn't have any trouble buying good food.

So why are the poor people fat? Because they choose to eat junk instead of real food. Same reason why rich people are.

Is there any other reasons? Probably. Start off poor and spend your life constantly trying to improve your life and eventually you'll be rich. But a lot of poor people don't do that. Instead of trying to better themselves they do stupid stuff to make their lives worse. Want to go to school? Nope, let's spend all our money on junk food and drugs and alcohol instead and have 5 kids.

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla29s View Post
    People will definitely get fatter over the years. If everyone was healthy then people would live longer and not need all kinds of prescription drugs. The world today is not created so people can live longer. The economy relies heavily on people being sick. Many jobs will be lost if no one was sick. The problem with today is that the wealth distribution isn't equal. US and Canada especially has more than enough selection of food for people to live yet the government keeps creating some kind of super food or junk that no one needs to eat.
    I knew it!!! Helping fat people get fatter is the way to go in the USA if you want to get rich. Get some credit or save some money, then buy a McDonalds or Subway or what ever, then buy another one, and another one, and another one, etc.. Better yet, invent a supplement that's supposed to "help" people lose fat (but really only makes them fatter), use advanced marketing techniques to make people think they HAVE to have it, then drive away laughing with everyone's money like the guy in the story of the star bellied sneetches. Ok, not a racist story, but definitely getting rich off from other people's stupidity.

Not my thing though. I wonder. How do people like that sleep well at night? Do they not have a conscience? Or do they give to some better cause like a charity? After all, stupid people are going to spend their money on junk anyways, they always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    I get sick of hearing this garbage. It's nothing but an excuse!

In the Philippines the poor people are the thinest because all they can afford is rice, bananas, and small amounts of fish. While many will argue that rice isn't the healthiest food and that may be true, it doesn't make you fat and is also a staple in most bodybuilder diets because it works.

As for the poor people in the USA, they have similar options. Rice is dirt cheap and so is chicken and tuna fish.

So what's the real reason why poor people are fat in the USA? Perhaps the same reason why rich people are. The truth is there isn't many people in the USA who can't afford good food. When I was in college I was living off from $7,000 per year for rent, bills, and food, and I didn't have any trouble buying good food.

So why are the poor people fat? Because they choose to eat junk instead of real food. Same reason why rich people are.

Is there any other reasons? Probably. Start off poor and spend your life constantly trying to improve your life and eventually you'll be rich. But a lot of poor people don't do that. Instead of trying to better themselves they do stupid stuff to make their lives worse. Want to go to school? Nope, let's spend all our money on junk food and drugs and alcohol instead and have 5 kids.
    So true. One diet forum I read had a 3 or 4 dollar a day challenge and they made it to 2500 calories easily.

Rice
    Oats
    Potatoes
    lentils
    Some fruits and vegetables
    small amounts of off cut meats/organs

These foods are extremely cheap. There's no financial excuse to be eating cheese burgers and cheetos.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    So I have a good question. How bad will it get? And for how long? And how fat will people get? What do you think?

It absolutely disgusts me to admit this as the truth. But it is what it is. Like I said, some will try and succeed, others who are too stupid to care will only get worse, and by a show of hands that's most people.
    Oooh I shudder to think about that!!!
    While it's good for my ego I am disgusted to see how people are growing side-ways.
    In my home-town I use to be one of the bigger girls, I have had 10 pounds of extra body fat since I was 13 and it has never changed. However these days everybody is fatter than me... It's hard to find people who are healthy and fit.
    Even worse the clothing shops there don't sell the smaller sizes anymore.

I think it's evolution backwards... so following the guidelines of natural selection, in the end only the healthy and fit people will survive... my guess that will only be 15% of the total population...
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast