Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have an urge to want to be able to do a split. can you do it? page

cayla29s is offline Senior Member

I have an urge to want to be able to do a split. can you do it?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Is there a benefit to this from a fitness standpoint?

How does one go about doing this?

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Definitely gets the guys attention when a woman drops straight into one on the nightclub dance floor !

As to any fitness benefit, can't really think of any, I put the ability to do the splits into the same category as stuff like being able to touch your nose with your tongue or put your whole fist into your mouth.

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Be honest now, how many people read my last post and tried touching their tongue to their nose ?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    Be honest now, how many people read my last post and tried touching their tongue to their nose ?
    I didn't bother since I already know I can......

lo..okay no seriously..

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    They're pretty easy to do. I could never do them as a kid but as an adult achieved them after two-three months of trying each day. (Forward splits, not straddle).

No major benefit other than stretching your groin muscle and hammies. Oh, and getting men aroused
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla29s View Post
    lo..okay no seriously..
    I can almost complete a full front split....but I've never had the hip mobility for the side split. At one point I thought it would be cool to do them as well, but I was a kid when I began training to get there (damn you jean claude van damme!!!). I do believe that there is a window of training that you can do as child to adolescent to achieve splits and then you might be able to maintain it with some training into adulthood and later life. But, I have a feeling that most people who have reached skeletal maturity unable to complete one will likely never be able to..... really I mean the side ones.... I think the front ones are easier to progress on.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I can almost complete a full front split....but I've never had the hip mobility for the side split. At one point I thought it would be cool to do them as well, but I was a kid when I began training to get there (damn you jean claude van damme!!!). I do believe that there is a window of training that you can do as child to adolescent to achieve splits and then you might be able to maintain it with some training into adulthood and later life. But, I have a feeling that most people who have reached skeletal maturity unable to complete one will likely never be able to..... really I mean the side ones.... I think the front ones are easier to progress on.
    Yeah i thought too that there is a window in your teens years when one is able to be more flexible....

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I can do a split but I have always been able to since PE classes in china through dance classes here middle school-high school.

No real advantages I can see at the gym. Real advantages in other places but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    you just work on it frequently, your muscles will gradually stretch and then you'll turn into a superwoman
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast