Thread: Portion Sizes......... page

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member

Portion Sizes.........

Primal Fuel
    Hey there,

So, I am not loosing the holiday weight as fast as I'd anticipated. Craving has been pretty bad, and I've caved in once each weekend as a result with sugary sweets / candy things (as opposed to wheat based items). Another thing I've noticed even with 'good' meals is I reckon I'm over eating!

I've never taken much notice of portion sizes, then on holiday my aunt would serve herself on a plate she had from 30 odd years ago which was much smaller than modern day crockery. She is a life long devotee of Weight Watchers, and frankly - looks bloody good on it! It opened my eyes to this area in my diet, and over the weeks since I've returned, I think it's a real problem.

I live on my own, so eat what I cook - I normally cook in bulk, so there is usually left overs and having seconds can happen.

Today, I've brought in a much smaller lunch of my home made meatloaf / veggie bake as a starting point.

Has anyone else struggled with this - have suggestions? I think a fast for a few days may also be a good idea. I feel quite barrel-like and sluggish. It's all a bit depressing. I did so well last year on Atkins with low carb foods but not 'clean' foods. Didn't have fake food but wasn't paying attention to ingredients and all that.

Moving is also a struggle these days. I used the excuse of pain for the first 6/9 months of this year, now I've addressed my pain, and don't have it (as much), I'm still reluctant.

Just wanted to share, and hope someone can offer some encouragement. At least the ski season is getting closer, but I'll struggle for the first few days unless I get some training in.......

Cheers,
    PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    If you want to lose weight, eat less. If low carb helps you eat less, then great!
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2