Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (Meeses) page 4

Meeses Guest

Primal Fuel

August 22

Day 21

Saturday -

Minor crisis, as my hard drive died, and I made an unplanned trip into Manhattan to get a new mac mini. Not sure if anything about this counted as play, but there I was in the Apple store, looking at what basically amounts to toys.

Meeses Guest

August 23

Day 22

After push-ups, bodyweight squats and lunges, planks, band pull-ups, and tabata dumbbell swings, my arms and legs were DONE. There was no energy left for frolicking or any such thing, so I collapsed by a fan and read some more of "Cloud Atlas," which is (so far) an awesome book.

I vaguely remember loving to play roundup and sardines (team hide and seek games) when I was about 9 or 10, but it's hard to get a group of people to do that when you're 32.

If I ever have children, they may, perhaps, teach me how to play again. It will be just like a John Denver song.

Meeses Guest

August 24

Day 23

Monday

Brief swinging play with Sir Harold Sledgey in the morning.

Then I meditated -- I'm still not good at it, but it's very interesting -- the experience of it is different than it was before, but it's hard to describe.

During lunch hour, I sunned my bare feet in a nearby park.

August 25

Day 24

Tuesday

Meditated again. It continues to be interesting, despite the whole lot of nothing going on. Every so often, I try out different techniques. Usually, I listen to "Restful Rain: Rain Sounds" from Pure White Noise and try to focus on my breathing while repeating the mantra "Ham Sa" or "So Hum," which strikes me as the least likely to make me think "This is stupid." Sometimes I focus my closed eyes on whatever patterns of light and color play across the insides of my eyelids.

August 26

Day 25

Wednesday

Some days I actually enjoy meditating. Today I sort of imagined myself I was outside of my body, looking down from above/to the side. I imagined my thoughts as small, bright floating holograms that approached and receded, very Star Trek (The Next Generation) style. Hmm.

Sunned my bare feet in the park at lunch.

Meeses Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

August 27

Day 26

Thursday

BRIEF play with Sir Harold Sledgey in the morning.

It occured to me what I really want to do is sing...without anyone hearing me. This is TRICKY. How to do it???

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234