Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smoothie & Extreme Stomach Problems

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kmacphee View Post

hazyjane...Unfortunately I don't have any access to raw milk, so I buy Organic (pasturized) milk as often as possible but once in a while I end up with the homo stuff. I will look into other choices, thanks for the article.
    Pasturized milk, while hard to digest for some, doesn't have the issues homogenized milk has.

I can't find raw milk either, so I stick to grass-fed cream (pasteurized) in my smoothies. Cream is better anyway, since it's not carby/insulinogenic like milk, is a great source of saturated fat and because it doesn't have proteins that get denatured by heat (and saturated fat hold up well to heat, anyway), it's a good choice:-)

Am I the only one that uses coconut oil in my smoothie? I LOVE IT! yum, yum, yum... The only liquid I add is water. Otherwise, it's all greens, with some fruit to make it sweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by AnneArchy View Post
    Hey now that were on the subject - how much coconut milk do you put in a smoothie? I started the PB recently and want to try the coconut milk so I bought a few of the small cans (5.6 oz - I think). Anyways, do I throw the whole little can in? I didn't want to buy the big cans because I like to mix up breakfasts and didn't want leftovers sitting around.
    When I use coconut milk (which is most of the time) I use 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup.

Quote Originally Posted by kmacphee View Post
    I was thinking that I woud start with eliminating the dairy...thanks for the suggestion.
    I have problems digesting dairy as well. But, I LOVE the taste of cheese. I buy raw cheese once in a while and enjoy that a little bit at a time. I also like parmesan cheese because of the flavor and convenience. Again, just a little won't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by twinmama View Post
    Am I the only one that uses coconut oil in my smoothie? I LOVE IT! yum, yum, yum... The only liquid I add is water. Otherwise, it's all greens, with some fruit to make it sweeter.
    I have tried using coconut oil before, but it turns to a solid because the temperature of my smoothies is below 76 degrees.....

I have even melted it before and dumped it in but it of course just turned into a solid...
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Yeah, if your smoothie is frozen it will clump a bit. I add it at the beginning of my blend, with nothing cold added. Adding just frozen pineapple at the end... easy to drink... and YUMMY!

After lots of dairy my whole life, I started to get ill from eating it. As I understand it, our bodies stop producing lactase as we grow up/older. Has the elimination of dairy helped the problem?

Learn More
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmama View Post
    Yeah, if your smoothie is frozen it will clump a bit. I add it at the beginning of my blend, with nothing cold added. Adding just frozen pineapple at the end... easy to drink... and YUMMY!
    I will have to try that because I do love coconut oil. A little pineapple sounds even better!!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!