Thread: spelt, primal or not??? page

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member

spelt, primal or not???

Shop Now
    I saw Spelt Taggiatelli in the supermarket today. I know here in Holland it's been marketed as THE primal wheat...
    I have no idea about how many carbs it has and honestly I don't care as I'm always so low of carbs that I only reach the 100gram when I eat lots of dark chocolate, so changing that for Spelt pasta won't be bad every once in a while...

I just wondered who is using Spelt in his/hers Primal diet? is it something that's primal "approved"? What's your experience with it?
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Not Primal, maybe WAPF-approved. Primal doesn't endorse any grains or pseudo-grains. It gives an indifferent turn of cheek to white rice but doesn't encourage it. Perfect Health Diet gives you more starch and grain options, if you're interested.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

fifer is offline Senior Member
    No, it is grain therefore not primal. However if you fancy some as part of your 20%, it is better than normal wheat.

I would not want it as pasta, but I have been known to eat a slice of quality sourdough spelt bread with an equal thickness of butter on top.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    If you are intolerant to gluten, you should avoid this.