Thread: Catalyst program in Australia - Featured obesity debate and Statin drug page

Omni is offline Senior Member

Catalyst program in Australia - Featured obesity debate and Statin drug

Last two episodes featured the whole Obesity debate and Statin drugs, most of it was spot on.
    Good to see the debate going into the mainstream.
    Catalyst: Video Downloads - ABC TV Science
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

wattfood is offline Member
    That video doesnt seem to want to work for me
    i know mum came home from work tonight (she is a an acute cardiac nurse) and said the whole hospital was buzzing with this
    whats it about?

stagemom23 is offline Junior Member
    wattfood...try downloading the video and watching it offline. The video didn't work for me on the site either but once I downloaded it to my computer I could it watch it with no problems. Great series btw! Thanks for posting this omni!

I also had to download both before watching on computer,
    It was only an accidental discovery as I don't watch much TV and was visiting family at the time, so it was good to see the first episode with them and be able to say that's why I'm doing this with my diet and life.
    The Heart foundation objected to the ABC and requested the second episode not be aired in fear that people may stop taking their Statin medication, whilst the AMA commented they thought the research was valid and that open public debate was required.
    I feel that the tide is starting to turn a bit here, gradually I have seen an increasing frequency of the topic being raised through the media from the fringes and into the mainstream.
    Four Corners has an Obesity in India feature on tonight,seems to be angled into the fast food side, but will see if it goes any deeper.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    It's a good video. They make a lot of really strong statements I'm not sure they'd air in the US. Like the drug companies are engaged in a criminal conspiracy. I forwarded the link to my 62-year-old boyfriend who is kinda CW about this sort of thing, although I don't think he takes any statins at the moment.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

faredoon is offline Member
    Very nice stuff. Glad it's aired here on ABC. I too wasn't watching too much TV but got these links in another thread.

This link Catalyst - Special Edition - Heart of the Matter has some in-depth interviews which are more complete. Nice stuff.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for additional link,
    Good to see the more detailed interviews.