Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Craving baked goods/junk food page 4

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenry Hennings View Post
    It seems your getting a bit angry.. Maybe you should have a cookie?
    It's reasonable to believe those foods lead to mental degeneration, as well as physical. So actually, cookies probably increase anger, long-term.

Jenry Hennings is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    It's reasonable to believe those foods lead to mental degeneration, as well as physical. So actually, cookies probably increase anger, long-term.
    Can't fault that reply. Well done!

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    I ate the cookie, I gave into the craving and it turned out to be horrid. They tasted like chemicals... so awful.
    From now on everything that disappears in my mouth I made myself!
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    I ate the cookie, I gave into the craving and it turned out to be horrid. They tasted like chemicals... so awful.
    Yay +1 point to real food!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    When I don't do primal/paleo, I find that baked goods tend to taste either overly sweet, overly chemically or overly papery, like eating cardboard. It definitely reinforces that real food, especially homemade food where you control the ingredients, can be incredibly filling and nourishing.
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, yeah.... I could have saved you that mistake. Non-homemade sweets taste like hell once you adjust your tastebuds. They have an oddly weird mouthfeel too. Now you know, if it comes in a pack, good taste it will lack.

It's funny- I was looking at banana bread recipes- the primal one I use had maybe 1/4 cup of maple syrup that I leave out on occasion and is plenty sweet like a cake. My old standard was 2 cups of sugar! Plus the bananas.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    am not angry at all, nor do i think sugar is the devil, but the over-simplification of a carb is a carb and a calorie is just a calorie is just nonsense.

although, i realize i am becoming a distinct minority with that view here.
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I sort of agree with you and sort of don't. A carb is a carb but cookies and cake aren't just high in carbs... They are high in gluten, trans fats, PUFA, and contain the hyper palatable/fattening combo of fat + carbs.

right. how many times have you heard somebody jonesing for a scoop of sugar? even if they were, how many spoons' worth could they choke down? it's always the palatable package of cake/cookie/candy -OR- the more savory chips and doritos, which are fatty/carby/salty.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    right. how many times have you heard somebody jonesing for a scoop of sugar? even if they were, how many spoons' worth could they choke down? it's always the palatable package of cake/cookie/candy -OR- the more savory chips and doritos, which are fatty/carby/salty.
    Yep. I put maple syrup into my oj for post workout recovery, simple syrup in my coffee, eat fruit daily, and I actually don't crave the stuff like ice cream and brownies anymore. I have a pint of Haagen Dazs (IMO not really junk but nevertheless fattening) in the fridge I haven't touched in 3 weeks. In fact I am leaning out slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Alfi56 is offline Senior Member
    I really just feel like giving up healthy eating and going back to the way I used to eat, and I'm tired of trying to eat primal and feeling restricted all the time. I was out with my family at a cafe, and they all ordered stuff like french toast, eggs hollandaise, po boy, etc. I got the healthiest thing I could get- a plate of veggie cheese scrambled eggs with avocado, side salad, and corn tortillas. Everyone was enjoying their meal, and my eggs were good but really all I wanted was to just order big plate of pancakes for myself and eat it all and not give a crap. I know I'm doing my body good, but I feel like I would be happier eating whatever I wanted, despite the consequences. Has anyone had this just lack of motivation?

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    En, go for it. It's your life.

Sent via lightsaber

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast