View Poll Results: Which option(s) best describe the guidelines of your current diet?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • I eat whatever I want with little regard to health.

3 2.94%
  • I am strict paleo with no dairy.

10 9.80%
  • I follow the recommendations of the Primal Blueprint including the carb curve.

46 45.10%
  • Perfect health diet or higher carb Primal Blueprint.

40 39.22%
  • I follow the Peat recommendations.

13 12.75%
  • Weston Price or a junk free/healthy diet including grains.

6 5.88%
  • I am Vegetarian/Vegan/Pescatarian.

1 0.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Way of Eating page

jammies is offline Senior Member

What's your Way of Eating

Shop Now
    It seems our forums have become very diverse as of late. I'm curious as to what the breakdown of diets is on here now.

Sorry if I missed your way of eating - there are so many it's hard to think of them all!!

If you feel like posting why you eat that way, that would be fun too
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I have an allergy to sulfites and dairy. The easiest way to handle it is a stricter form of paleo.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Dairy and egg-free* PHD, Peat, and WAPF here with current attention to high FODMAPS foods, which by default also puts me in 80/20 Primal. Labels suck.

* I am weak sometimes
    Last edited by j3nn; 11-02-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Basically...anything but gluten and veg oils. (and most processed foods) Sugar mostly in the form of fruit and honey; I tolerate dairy very well so that's included.

My skin and hair is nice, I'll give myself that.

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Strict paleo when I'm engaging in fat-loss. Otherwise it's primal for me. From trial and error over the years I've learned my body does best on strict paleo.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

What's your Way of Eating

Higher carb paleo/peat ATM with a huge emphasis on quality protein. Was zero carb for a long while but had to up carbs to get gains in the gym.

Eta: started primal to keep hives in control; lost weight more with CW healthy and primal didn't really help me lose weight just build muscle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 11-02-2013 at 12:29 PM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    I call mine Primal Lite as I eat some dairy, some legumes (peas, broad beans, french beans & runner beans all in moderation), nightshades, some sweetcorn and some white rice. I will also eat birthday cake, and, Christmas cake, Christmas pudding & trifle at Christmas. I had some beer last weekend and may well do over the Christmas/New Year holiday season. From the choices offered I suppose Perfect Health Diet is closest to the way I eat.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    sig

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Space age primal with lots of artificial sweeteners, diet coke, and a piece of chocolate cake before bed time...

Artemis67 is offline Senior Member
    I eat very low carb/high fat/moderate protein, because my body runs best on a ketogenic diet. In the last few months, I've fumbled along toward a more Primal way of eating--grass-fed beef, pastured eggs, and eating as seasonally and locally as I can. I can eat cheese, butter, and heavy cream with no problems.

I'll eat beans occasionally, but soy and other grains are completely out. I'm allergic to soy, and grains (at least in the forms I am willing to eat) trigger food cravings that lead to binges. Once I cut grains (and severely restricted sugar), a lifetime of struggle with addictive, disordered, self-destructive eating abruptly ended. I'm happy with the way I'm eating and the wonderful food choices available to me; not having to go back to that nightmare life of craving and compulsion is like the icing on the cake. Or the butter on the steak, if you will...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast