View Poll Results: Which option(s) best describe the guidelines of your current diet?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • I eat whatever I want with little regard to health.

3 2.94%
  • I am strict paleo with no dairy.

10 9.80%
  • I follow the recommendations of the Primal Blueprint including the carb curve.

46 45.10%
  • Perfect health diet or higher carb Primal Blueprint.

40 39.22%
  • I follow the Peat recommendations.

13 12.75%
  • Weston Price or a junk free/healthy diet including grains.

6 5.88%
  • I am Vegetarian/Vegan/Pescatarian.

1 0.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What's your Way of Eating page 6

Prime-Animal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Still figuring it out! Went from a conventional bodybuilding diet, to high fat low carb primal, to a high carb primal.

Yesterday I ate EVERYTHING thats horrible for your health. Wheat muffins, chocolate bars (snickers, wunderbar, kit kat, etc) pear cobbler with oatmeal. Pizza.

And I survived, and didn't feel so bad (after I stopped stuffing my face lol). So now I'm in a position where I have no idea if I should add back the oats, add in a couple of low glycemic grains.

Then again fibre isn't too good.

Dairy isn't an issue, don't eat any nuts of any sort anymore, beans I'm not too sure.

Obviously as much veggies and meat as my body has room for.

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    None of the above.
    We are still waiting for your book. Gladiator diet? (Isn't that pic from halloween before last? We've seen it for so long that's the image you'll be stuck with forever!)
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    None of the above.
    We are still waiting for your book. Gladiator diet? (Isn't that pic from halloween before last? We've seen it for so long that's the image you'll be stuck with forever!)
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    That sounds pretty close to Weston A Price. Do you follow the whole idea of soaking beans, etc? Or just eat them as is without issues?
    i soak the beans if i'm making them, but eat them at restaurants too, without issues. if there's some additional phytic acid, so be it. i eat plenty of nutritient dense foods in other meals, so i'm not worried about defficiences. i have a lot of respect for WAPF, but still don't eat wheat or gluten grains. and i think i tend to be lower fat, although i'm not fat-phobic.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    i soak the beans if i'm making them, but eat them at restaurants too, without issues. if there's some additional phytic acid, so be it. i eat plenty of nutritient dense foods in other meals, so i'm not worried about defficiences. i have a lot of respect for WAPF, but still don't eat wheat or gluten grains. and i think i tend to be lower fat, although i'm not fat-phobic.
    Ahhh...that's right..... I forgot that WAP has a lot of wheat recipes (soaked wheat, but still wheat). And if I remember correctly, you are right they do a lot of added fats.

I did like eating that way and it is miles better than SAD, but it did not help my inflammation or with weight loss. But I think if I were young and healthy when I started it, it would have been a good choice.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    I guess my diet could be summed up as:
    -Minimal dairy, occasional cheese and yoghurt
    -Only grains I consume are rice which is around once a day on average
    -'High' carb; over 100g a day
    -Fat I don't actively eat, if its on the meat I'll eat it but I never deliberatly add more fat
    -Almost no processed foods
    -Eat meat when I can especially sheep and beef
    -Lots of fruit, some veg
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456